Long Island Shooters Forum banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
after you give them the certificate they told me they would call for that second interview for you to give them your social media. But its looking like that might not be needed anymore wich if thats the case they owe me my ccw now . Once i receive a call from them i will absolutely up date. But lets hope the judges ruling sticks
What is the delay for SCPD now? The social media and meeting with a licensing officer is unconstitutional as per Judge Suddaby. By next Thursday you should have that unrestricted pistol license in your wallet!

·
Registered
90 Posts
What is the delay for SCPD now? The social media and meeting with a licensing officer is unconstitutional as per Judge Suddaby. By next Thursday you should have that unrestricted pistol license in your wallet!
absolutely!! Appretaly when the suffolk computers got hacked that affected all aspects for the county computers. They said there working on getting them back up and running. And when they are they will start processing. Im sure there taking the sweet time. I do know they werent even able to do title searchs un till yesterday. and the hack started on the 8th of September

·
Administrator
222 Posts
Since a TRO is what it says, temporary, I doubt anyone is just going to start handing out licenses. What it does it puts a stop to enforcement. Once it goes to trial on 10/20 and hopefully Suddaby issues an injuction, then maybe the PLB’s may start to change course.

·
Still a David Crockett kid
2,827 Posts
absolutely!! Appretaly when the suffolk computers got hacked that affected all aspects for the county computers. They said there working on getting them back up and running. And when they are they will start processing. Im sure there taking the sweet time. I do know they werent even able to do title searchs un till yesterday. and the hack started on the 8th of September
I received my renewal form yesterday so I guess the computers are up and running

·
Registered
287 Posts
i can get behind that
This is just a snip from my official PPB-3 (completed by SCPD PLB by the way). Do you see how my license cannot remotely be considered a premise license? The question becomes can Suffolk change this on their whim? Forgive the snip, but I will not post my whole document on the internet, I'm sure you can understand that.
Rectangle Font Circle Art Pattern

·
Administrator
222 Posts
As long as my license Type still says Carry which it does, the word Premises and not Premise, printed on there is irrelevant in my eyes. Being that my PLB told me to continue treating it just like my Sportsman and nothing has changed leads me to believe that they created that term to satisfy the state in some way, but that’s about it. If in fact it was a true Premise license, it would be listed as the Type of license.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
This chaos is what happens when the governing powers don't care about the rule of law and turn the situation into a game of gotcha you. For decades we lived with the unconstitutional licensing laws in NY because it was the rule of law in NYS. Now that the Supreme Court has clarified what the rule of law actually is for NYS and the country the corrupt powers in NYS have decided to play a power game. You don't need to be a legal scholar to read the Bruen decision to understand the letter and spirit of the law is citizens have the right to bear arms outside the home for personal protection with FEW exceptions on when and where. NYS has totally ignored the letter and spirit of the law. The Governor, Police Commissioners in Nassau, Suffolk and NYC have displayed their utter disdain for the rule of law and the honest, law abiding citizens of the state that jumped through hoops to get a pistol license in NYS. Excuses by the police commissioners pointing fingers at the governor aren't taking their oath to the Constitution seriously.

One more point, I'm so tired of the public safety excuses given by the governor. Those excuses might have flown 30 years ago when CCW laws were first being passed but we have 30 years of history that shows those excuses are nonsense. There is NO EVIDENCE that allowing citizens to concealed carry increases crime, none.

·
Registered
235 Posts
This chaos is what happens when the governing powers don't care about the rule of law and turn the situation into a game of gotcha you. For decades we lived with the unconstitutional licensing laws in NY because it was the rule of law in NYS. Now that the Supreme Court has clarified what the rule of law actually is for NYS and the country the corrupt powers in NYS have decided to play a power game. You don't need to be a legal scholar to read the Bruen decision to understand the letter and spirit of the law is citizens have the right to bear arms outside the home for personal protection with FEW exceptions on when and where. NYS has totally ignored the letter and spirit of the law. The Governor, Police Commissioners in Nassau, Suffolk and NYC have displayed their utter disdain for the rule of law and the honest, law abiding citizens of the state that jumped through hoops to get a pistol license in NYS. Excuses by the police commissioners pointing fingers at the governor aren't taking their oath to the Constitution seriously.

One more point, I'm so tired of the public safety excuses given by the governor. Those excuses might have flown 30 years ago when CCW laws were first being passed but we have 30 years of history that shows those excuses are nonsense. There is NO EVIDENCE that allowing citizens to concealed carry increases crime, none.
And there is evidence that CCW holders are the MOST law abiding segment of society

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
If you dont mind me asking....
Which license do you hold at the moment? Thank you
My license is from Sheriff so it's a little tricky because what we hold and what our licenses say are little different because they cannot print the new licenses because of the way their system is tied into that compromised by the hack.

As of September 1, recognizes only two categories of licenses, either of which can be amended to also become a Semi-Auto Rifle License: Premises (which nobody has) and Carry (which everyone has). The Carry licenses were previously issued for Sportsman, Business, Employment, Full Carry [Mine before 9/1/22], Peace Officer, Retired Peace Officer, Retired Police Officer, and Retired Federal Law Enforcement). With the exception of the last two being valid in NYC, ALL of the Carry licenses are now the same.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
As long as my license Type still says Carry which it does, the word Premises and not Premise, printed on there is irrelevant in my eyes. Being that my PLB told me to continue treating it just like my Sportsman and nothing has changed leads me to believe that they created that term to satisfy the state in some way, but that’s about it. If in fact it was a true Premise license, it would be listed as the Type of license.
Premises v. Premise doesn't matter, but yes, it says carry, so you got carry.

·
Registered
284 Posts
after you give them the certificate they told me they would call for that second interview for you to give them your social media. But its looking like that might not be needed anymore wich if thats the case they owe me my ccw now . Once i receive a call from them i will absolutely up date. But lets hope the judges ruling sticks
I don’t understand how what you do on your social media is anyones business, what business is it of theirs. What if someone is having an affair? Will that be a red flag? Not only will law abiding citizens not get a full carry but they’ll be getting their license revoked due to conversation they have on social media. 1st amendment out there window on top of 2nd amendment!!! Trump supporters are screwed with law! It’s all unconstitutional!!

41 - 60 of 91 Posts