Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you cab "jam" an 11th round into a 10 round magazine .... is it still an UNsafe violation even if it does not function with the 11th round & no one makes an 11 round Mini 14 magazine anyway?

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to clarify my original question.....

I have a new 10 round aftermarket magazine for a Mini-14.
I can physically force 11 rounds in to it.
It WILL NOT feed that 11th round .... [yes I'm using training rounds for the test]
So ..... since I can force 11 rounds into it, is it still considered a HCAFD??

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Just to clarify my original question.....

I have a new 10 round aftermarket magazine for a Mini-14.
I can physically force 11 rounds in to it.
It WILL NOT feed that 11th round .... [yes I'm using training rounds for the test]
So ..... since I can force 11 rounds into it, is it still considered a HCAFD??
Maybe it's just me but your question isn't making any sense. You can squeeze 11 rounds into a 10 round mag...but it wont feed the 11th round. So why the heck would you even bother in the first place? What's the point of having a non-functional 11 round mag?

·
Clinger
4,824 Posts
the 11th round he is talking about is the one on top the first one is the first one in the mag in any event it's not legal

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
the 11th round he is talking about is the one on top the first one is the first one in the mag in any event it's not legal
???

If it's a 10 round mag and you have the receipt stating that, then it's legal. Buy a better spring.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
7,979 Posts
???

If it's a 10 round mag and you have the receipt stating that, then it's legal. Buy a better spring.
Risky defense, especially after posting on here.

And you don't know that it won't feed willingly in another Mini that the cops try it in. Send it back or modify it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts