Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I ordered a few things from Amazon including some splatter targets and the order was processed and went as far as Holbrook. I get two texts the first saying it was delivered then another saying it was undeliverable as addressed. What's up with them? It went USPS for the final leg but may have been UPS at first. I know both of them aren't the most reliable services but Amazon doesn't give you a choice. It's too early to call but that's what the website said I should do. BTW I checked and my order info was correct as addressed online. A real PITA.

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
The Holiday this week and the Sunday really screws up the shipping :{

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
21,922 Posts
Have the same problem with Amazon and USPS delivering to my work address.
I spell out the name and address and office # and they still screw it up. The problem is with the new guys and the temps USPS hires. Our regular delivery person tells them to give him the packages and he delivers them after the temp idiots mark them as undeliverable. That's why he gets Christmas tips.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I live in East P. However, I've had plenty of mail get sent to North P. instead no matter how I lost my address someone out there continues to screw it up because the street name exists in both areas. However there is no matching house number in North P. so things get sent back to sender. It has lessened finally with time, but still occurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I contacted Amazon today who suggested I wait a few more days and to also call USPS. The USPS number only gives you the same BS that you get from their website. It's impossible to reach a human. OK, I'll wait.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Wait a few, they might have been unloading the truck or sorting it and probably hit the wrong option on their scanners. Happened to me a few times and also happened alot during the holiday season. It's okay, usually Amazon is good with replacing items that were "lost" but it is very annoying waiting for the new items. Best bet is to call your post office if you want to speak to a person.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After all the BS (Amazon chat, USPS phone calls to unmanned lines, etc.) my package arrives yesterday. If only they hadn't sent me that stupid text message on Monday saying that the package was "Undeliverable due to address" the aggravation would have been avoided. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. The USPS must be a blissful place indeed.

·
Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,586 Posts
The Post office delivers Amazon packages on Sundays at no extra charge. Saw a guy doing deliveries on Sunday and asked him if he knew it was Sunday and he should be home. He laughed and said that he just delivers Amazon on Sundays. No overtime he is off other days.(yuk)

it makes me think this Amazon thing is going to catch on................

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
After all the BS (Amazon chat, USPS phone calls to unmanned lines, etc.) my package arrives yesterday. If only they hadn't sent me that stupid text message on Monday saying that the package was "Undeliverable due to address" the aggravation would have been avoided. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. The USPS must be a blissful place indeed.
I hate that frustration...I WANT MY PACKAGE NOW..hahahaha. But like we said, probably just picked the wrong thing on their scanner when unloading the truck.

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
I was told once the contract with the USPS is over they're going with UPS.
The trick there is UPS now hands off a lot of packages to USPS for the "final leg" of the delivery... it does make a little sense for smaller packages, being that USPS carriers are going by your home anyway, Instead of sending a large UPS truck on an extra loop to an address off the main roads.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The UPS truck came to my Post Office to drop off packages to us, we also had a contract driver come in from Jersey to drop off a pallet or two earlier. Lots of times when I went to deliver the package to a house there would be a UPS package sitting there also , made no sense. The carriers ( temps ) who deliver on Sunday will sometimes be forced to work seven days a week, if they want a day off they are threatened with termination because the Long Island district is so short staffed. When I went to visit my old office the Postmaster was telling me that there is only a 15% retention rate for these people , and you wonder why service is so poor. We used to live or die by the scan for the Amazon packages, the acting district manager is a screamer and would threaten PM's and Supervisors with removal if all the scans were not made.Some carriers would scan a package with a bad address scan rather than go back out if they found a missed package in the truck just to have a scan on it. Did this happen to you ? Don't know, maybe or the newbie was just clueless.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.