Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A troubling thing about this article is that what starts there, often follows here by a number of years.
And what the heck is a "gun conversion factory"?

A total of 37 armed criminals and drug dealers, including 30 gang members, have been jailed for a total of more than 400 years following the 'sting' operation in the shop, called Boombox, in Edmonton, north London.

At one address in Haringey, north London, officers discovered a gun conversion factory and seized a number of components of firearms plus ammunition.

In total 21 firearms were removed from the streets.

21?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2036437/The-hip-hop-cop-shop-Police-opened-fake-rap-music-store-snared-30-gangsters-drugs-gun-offences.html

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
PandM said:
A troubling thing about this article is that what starts there, often follows here by a number of years.
And what the heck is a "gun conversion factory"?

A total of 37 armed criminals and drug dealers, including 30 gang members, have been jailed for a total of more than 400 years following the 'sting' operation in the shop, called Boombox, in Edmonton, north London.

At one address in Haringey, north London, officers discovered a gun conversion factory and seized a number of components of firearms plus ammunition.

In total 21 firearms were removed from the streets.

21?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2036437/The-hip-hop-cop-shop-Police-opened-fake-rap-music-store-snared-30-gangsters-drugs-gun-offences.html
Am I missing something, or did 16 guns magically disappear?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Codenamed Operation Peyzac, the £500,000 operation involved undercover officers kitting out as a fully-operating rap and hip hop music store, with a private back room which was used to carry out deals with drug and gun sellers, and the store was wired with CCTV and recording equipment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2036437/The-hip-hop-cop-shop-Police-opened-fake-rap-music-store-snared-30-gangsters-drugs-gun-offences.html#ixzz1XpEQTDDv
500,000 / 21 = ~23,000# per gun. That's some expensive guns they have.

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bkjohn said:
Am I missing something, or did 16 guns magically disappear?
in the UK, "armed" can mean anything.
Guns.
Knives.
Water balloons.
Smarmy attitudes.
It's so out of hand.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
The cops do that here too- find three gang bangers riding around in a car, search the car, find a gun, charge each of the three with the gun charge. 3 "armed criminals" , one gun.

Then they all get off on the basis of an illegal search anyway.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
I imagine the "conversions" are from the UK legal single shot rifles to semi-automatic.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
psychephylax said:
500,000 / 21 = ~23,000# per gun. That's some expensive guns they have.
Probably included drugs

·
Registered
11,563 Posts
AkunaMatata said:
I imagine the "conversions" are from the UK legal single shot rifles to semi-automatic.
From what I've read, since most everything is banned there... There is a big black market in converting replica and blank guns to live firearms..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts