Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The British police must have very disarming smiles! Where do they go to school for that? ??)
U.K. Police Arrest Seven in Anti-Terror Operation

Published September 19, 2011

| Associated Press

British police say they have arrested seven people as part of a large intelligence-led anti terror operation led by the West Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit.

West Midlands police said Monday that six men were arrested in the central England city of Birmingham overnight. The men were arrested on suspicion of preparing or instigating an act of terror in the UK. A woman was also arrested Monday morning for failing to disclose information that may be relevant. All seven suspects are aged between 22 and 32.

Assistant police chief Marcus Beale said the men were arrested in or near their homes by unarmed police officers. He said police are now searching six domestic and one commercial property in Birmingham. He declined to give more details.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/09/19/uk-police-arrest-seven-in-anti-terror-operation/#ixzz1YOk2WbQY

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
One of these days these UNARMED bobbies are going to run into a group that has different ideas about being arrested, and it will be a bloodbath...

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I am always amazed how the UK police do not have a firearm.  As mad russian put it one day they are going to come up against a group who will not cooperate.

·
Registered
11,563 Posts
cjj said:
I am always amazed how the UK police do not have a firearm. As mad russian put it one day they are going to come up against a group who will not cooperate.
As I understand it, the modern Bobbies don't CARRY a sidearm, but they make like Barney Fife, and have MP5's in the trunk of the patrol car - that they need to get authorization to deploy.

OTOH, they didn't need 72 rounds to take down any of these guys....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts