Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
Joined
·
11,589 Posts
LOL You just can't make this stuff up!

And, being a public servant, wouldn't that mean he's really on public assistance? ;D
 

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
Joined
·
12,115 Posts
OK. So a legislator got drunk and drove. Yeah, it's illegal and he got caught. So far, the system is working.

Now what does that have to do with legislation to stop fraud in an already flawed system ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
T.Webb said:
OK. So a legislator got drunk and drove. Yeah, it's illegal and he got caught. So far, the system is working.

Now what does that have to do with legislation to stop fraud in an already flawed system ??
Exactly, the dailykos is garbage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
So the solution is what exactly?

Only people that have never done anything wrong can propose laws?

If the law has merit then judge it on its merits.

It is fair and reasonable to expect that someone getting free money from the govt. to show that this money is not going to injesting drugs. Come one people take your partisan hats off for just a couple of minutes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,382 Posts
JoeLI said:
So the solution is what exactly?

Only people that have never done anything wrong can propose laws?

If the law has merit then judge it on its merits.

It is fair and reasonable to expect that someone getting free money from the govt. to show that this money is not going to injesting drugs. Come one people take your partisan hats off for just a couple of minutes.
It is also fair and reasonable to expect that people proposing and enacting laws are not intoxicated (whether by alcohole or anything else). Perhaps law makers should be subject to random testing before each vote. ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
19,574 Posts
I don't haver a problem with a guy who proposes and/or enacts laws tying one on once in a while. does tyhis appear hypocrtitical? Yes.

But people will vote an admitted cokehead (or drunk) to be POTUS, so apparenty our standards are not all that high.

Wouldn't it be nice if some intelligent, well-spoken, squeaky clean and morally upright person ran for office?

But of course he would lose since he woulfd not be able to alternately lie to opne ghroup and mislead another in order to get their votes.

And that is the sad truth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,563 Posts
Ok.. he got drunk. he got busted.. SO WHAT? He EARNED the money he used to buy those drinks - he worked for it - it was not just handed to him.

You want to sit home watching Maury and get money handed to you by the state? Prove that you respect what's being given to you - no alcohol, no drugs, no cigarettes (really now, what are they? $11-12 a pack? if you can afford to smoke you don't need welfare...)

why should anyone getting a handout have a problem with being tested to prove they aren't just wasting MY money?
 

·
Fan of guns, but not one of the anti science pro f
Joined
·
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Banzai said:
Yeah, pretty typical 'do as I say and not as I do' from the self righteous conservatives.
+1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,263 Posts
"File this story in the overstuffed folder labeled Republican Hypocrisy"

1. Hypocrisy....its a drug test for collecting welfare not a DUI or alcohol related law.
2. He is not sitting on his fat &%@ collecting welfare
3. He is not sitting on his fat &%@ collecting welfare
4. He is not sitting on his fat &%@ collecting welfare
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,263 Posts
cMc214 said:
"File this story in the overstuffed folder labeled Republican Hypocrisy"

1. Hypocrisy....its a drug test for collecting welfare not a DUI or alcohol related law.
2. He is not sitting on his fat &%@ collecting welfare
3. He is not sitting on his fat &%@ collecting welfare
4. He is not sitting on his fat &%@ collecting welfare
Let me explain ahead of time. I do think he is wrong for DUI but whole heartedly agree with the law he proposed. The Liberals are going to love this story :-/
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top