Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching the news up here in NH and in the last 15 mins there was 2 commercials for the Sig Sauer Academy. It is great to see adds for guns and gun training....

On another note. I have met 3 different families in the last month that have moved to free NH from NC... All saying the same thing. NC has too much crime, crappy schools and is being over run by liberals from up north.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Watching the news up here in NH and in the last 15 mins there was 2 commercials for the Sig Sauer Academy. It is great to see adds for guns and gun training....

On another note. I have met 3 different families in the last month that have moved to free NH from NC... All saying the same thing. NC has too much crime, crappy schools and is being over run by liberals from up north.
NC is known as the New York of the South because of all of the yankees transplanting liberal ideas as well as for some of their newer gun laws. Thanks New Yorkers.

·
Banned
5,971 Posts

. Crap. North Carolina was my first choice for escaping this hellhole

·
Banned
3,887 Posts

·
Banned
2,781 Posts
I call bull on NC, I'm in NH right now. Ehh it's ok, it sure does not scream sell everything and move here, school quality remains to be seen, people sure are real nice, winters definitely rough. Life is too short to spend 8 months of a year cold....
Well, I am one of the best school district in the country here in Hopkinton, best high school in the state last year.
It obviously depends on what town you are in, but as a whole NH schools out perform NC public schools.

NH-11
NC-35

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/articles/how-states-compare

·
AMF YOYO
3,598 Posts
The last time I'm telling you. Over 2 years of research.

View attachment 63542
STOP!!! I don't want to move to TN and have it be like upstate NY where every other guy is from friggin' Commack or Dix Hills.

BTW, spent last weekend in Maryville for my god-daughters' christening. Noticed that they now have red-light cameras. It's a damn disease.

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Well, I am one of the best school district in the country here in Hopkinton, best high school in the state last year.
It obviously depends on what town you are in, but as a whole NH schools out perform NC public schools.

NH-11
NC-35

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/articles/how-states-compare
i never researched it that far, I am in Lincoln area it's nice but not really impressed all that much. Schools are only as good as parents meaning the community makes the schools. Not debating NH is nice and has good schools. Just saying I wouldn't sell all my stuff and move there is all. As far as northerners relocating back from down south with stories of woe. If you sound,smell,act and most importantly behave like a northerner, your kids will not be like, your wife will not be liked and you will not be liked which is what sends people packing headed back north. It is just the way it is

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
i want warm, Habsfan wants cold. I am pushing for SC, he is pushing for NH. We are looking for retirement, so schools are not an issue. It will all depend of how good their medical facilities are once the time comes to make the final decision (in 10+ years). And in this time, a lot can change, so we are not jumping the gun just yet.

Reactions: FatWhiteMan
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.