Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Walker1847
12,075 Posts
Liberals try...and fail... to smear another Conservative. Or is it Progressives trying to smear another "blue blood" rich guy at the expense of the poor and middle class; or a white guy exercising his "white privilege"; or a "climate change denier" ruining the planet"?. Sometimes I loose track of why people are being demonized and for what cause...

After Being Accused of Stealing Water for His 60-Acre Ranch, the Truth Comes Out About Tom Selleck
http://www.ijreview....roves-innocent/

Less than a week ago, actor Tom Selleck was sued by the Calleguas Municipal Water District in Ventura County, California, for allegedly sending giant tanker trucks to a fire hydrant and illegally hauling water back to his 60-acre ranch in Westlake Village:

View attachment 61214

However, after the district hired a private investigator to look into Selleck's water usage, it has been confirmed that the "Magnum, P.I." star paid for his water.

According to ABC News, it turns out that a construction company Selleck worked with actually paid a fee to secure the rights to draw water from the city hydrant two years ago, according to Jay Spurgin, public works director for Thousand Oaks:

"There was water used during that time, and it was paid for."

The deal allows these companies to haul as much water as they want for special projects. They can then sell the water to a third party, as long as that party pays their monthly service charge and water bills.

It's unclear whether Selleck purchased the water from that company or another source, but it is clear the "Blue Bloods" star did nothing illegal.

It was also reported that the water district spent nearly $22,000 for a private detective to investigate the seemingly slippery situation.

·
Walker1847
12,075 Posts
Just in case you missed the LA Times article (yes, the same people that dropped conservative Dixon Diaz's political cartoons):

Tom Selleck, water district reach tentative settlement in dispute
http://www.latimes.c...0709-story.html

Just a little excerpt:
As California's drought ravaged water supplies and the district sent cease-and-desist letters to Selleck's addresses, the unlawful deliveries continued, the complaint said.

But the skirmish came to a halt Thursday when the water district announced that it had reached a tentative settlement with Selleck. Details are confidential pending approval by the water district's board, said Eric Bergh, Calleguas' resources manager.
The board is scheduled to consider the settlement at its meeting Wednesday.

"We're happy about it," Bergh said. "It's good news."

The tentative resolution caps an episode that, fueled by celebrity and the novelty of the purported misconduct, prompted fascination and still more questions: Was Selleck himself, the mustachioed "Magnum, P.I." and "Blue Bloods" star, pulling up to a fire hydrant and plundering the city's water system? Did it not constitute a crime, such as grand theft?

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
He's the Commisioner and he knows everything.

Reactions: trapshooterbob

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
I'am sure Atleast half the liberal's out their haven't seen this or believe the bias reporting on this ( and still think he's a bad man ) just because the "Officials" or liberal media says so .
Tom Selleck is the Man !

·
Walker1847
12,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No mention of how massive illegal immigration is affecting their water supply.
Yup, all those illegal landscapers watering lawns and such in defiance of the local water conservation ordinances.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
"But the skirmish came to a halt Thursday when the water district announced that it had reached a tentative settlement with Selleck. Details are confidential pending approval by the water district's board, said Eric Bergh, Calleguas' resources manager."

What settlement? That implies guilt, or at least an acceptance of accountability. There was a permit and apparently no wrongdoing involved in the use of the water.
I hope Selleck sues these boneheads...media included.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
When the story first broke I immediately said to myself, he's a Republican surrounded by the most liberal of liberals and that likely the reason they went after him while ignoring the tens of thousands water cheaters you see of the tube watering their lawns, washing their cars, filling their pools.......

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Don't worry - the EPA will find a reason to sut down his ranch..................look over there! Is that Piping Plover droppings?

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Progressive Liberals NEVER let the facts get in the way. EVER.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
It's very much like the guy busted for an "arsenal" having his guns on display and front page news. Weeks later all charges are dropped as everything was legal, the paper doesn't run any followup about that, and the guns and ammo are returned damaged and incomplete.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.