Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
the more I think about this, the more I think this can be a winning issue for Trump. Again, I don't support him (yet), but he's hitting a nerve. Open borders are a path to national suicide. If he can do a good job selling this notion, he may actually win in 2016.

·
Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,064 Posts
Reactions: lynyrd and C6NY

·
Banned
6,368 Posts
Who's paying for that wall? Oh, that's right, Mexico is going to happily open their wallet.

This wall is unrealistic (unless we pay for it in even more higher taxes). Who is going to build it? Trump's illegal alien workers? Same as his hotels and golf courses? He is a hypocrite. He talks a great game. At the end of the day, he can do nothing without Congress giving it's approval. He has no friends in Congress to help him push his agenda. We are in the same place right now. A guy who wants to push his agenda and has no support in Congress. There is a reason we have 3 branches of government. To prevent people like Obama, and to prevent people like Trump.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Who's paying for that wall? Oh, that's right, Mexico is going to happily open their wallet.

This wall is unrealistic (unless we pay for it in even more higher taxes). Who is going to build it? Trump's illegal alien workers? Same as his hotels and golf courses? He is a hypocrite. He talks a great game. At the end of the day, he can do nothing without Congress giving it's approval. He has no friends in Congress to help him push his agenda. We are in the same place right now. A guy who wants to push his agenda and has no support in Congress. There is a reason we have 3 branches of government. To prevent people like Obama, and to prevent people like Trump.
yep congress and the supremes are really putting a stop on obama and his agenda arent they?
I would rather my tax money gets used to build a wall than to put illegals through school, give them medical, housing and EBT and drivers licenses.

But hey thats me...Im a right wing extremist

·
Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,064 Posts
NAFTA will not allow a wall, never mind forcing the "lowest cost to the coalition's labor force" to bear the expense.

It's Trump being Trump. The race he's running is like a dog chasing a bus, he may catch it, now what?

In my opinion, he's positioning himself(since he embraced his conservative "Wild Side") as a Republican "Obama" who will institute more mindless "Change". His plan for Obamacare is Trumpcare, we'll have to elect him for us AND him to figure out what it is.

Anyone want to join his chase, the bus is coming...

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
As much as I don't like Trump's populism, he is focusing on an issue that needs to be addressed. We've lived under open borders for the last 30-40 years & I don't take it as a given that the result has been good.

I've heard that Ann Coulter has many good references in Adios America as to why immigration has been a net negative & I'll to check out her book. I've always been an Open Borders kinda guy but to see what's going on in Europe with Islam has shaken my position quite a bit.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
NAFTA will not allow a wall, never mind forcing the "lowest cost to the coalition's labor force" to bear the expense.
It's Trump being Trump. The race he's running is like a dog chasing a bus, he may catch it, now what?
While I admit i never read NAFTA, I don't see how it precludes one of the nations from building a wall and enforcing illegal immigration laws.
What is the enforcement of NAFTA by the way?
We're not allowed to pull out of the agreement? It's permanent?
I'm sure there are ways around it too.

Just spitballing here but what about a tax on temporary agricultural workers?
Or here's my idea:
1)You get caught coming into this country illegally you get a choice between deportation or working for a special company that supplies 3 hots and a cot and after the wall is built, they get granted legal residency.

2) We could also make that a volunteer thing. Want to come here legally?
Build the wall for room and board and you then go to the front of the line for legal immigration.

3) Are you one of the 11 million plus here already illegally? Want to stay? Build the wall.

4) Make crossing the border illegally a felony. 3 years hard labor. Doing what?
You guessed it. Build the wall.

Maybe I should offer my services as Wall Czar to the Donald.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Mexico's southern border….
The left is in denial and won't admit we should do what our southern neighbors do to their southern neighbors. It doesn't advance the DNC voter list.
If it were white, educated Republicans crossing down there, they would be advocating a defensive strategy like Rommel at Normandy.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
While I admit i never read NAFTA, I don't see how it precludes one of the nations from building a wall and enforcing illegal immigration laws.

Or here's my idea:
1)You get caught coming into this country illegally you get a choice between deportation or working for a special company that supplies 3 hots and a cot and after the wall is built, they get granted legal residency.

Build the wall for room and board and you then go to the front of the line for legal immigration.

3) Are you one of the 11 million plus here already illegally? Want to stay? Build the wall.

Some pretty good ideas right there.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
the more I think about this, the more I think this can be a winning issue for Trump. Again, I don't support him (yet), but he's hitting a nerve. Open borders are a path to national suicide. If he can do a good job selling this notion, he may actually win in 2016.
If he keeps up with the name calling instead of sticking with the issues his popularity like his show will start to slide and at that point the real fun begins...

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
If he keeps up with the name calling instead of sticking with the issues his popularity like his show will start to slide and at that point the real fun begins...
It seems the more he acts like a childish brat with the name calling and tweeting BS it seems to invigorate a certain segment of potential voters

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts

He has.like you written, no political capital to spend. Even with a GOP majority in both Houses, Trump will have no shot and even more so with a VP who is not mainstream,like Cruz,Carson or Amarosa ,to push through any ideas that will add to the taxes Americans already are burdened with....

Reactions: gunsngolf

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
It seems the more he acts like a childish brat with the name calling and tweeting BS it seems to invigorate a certain segment of potential voters
we'll see after this act plays over and over again and the field tightens up how this plays in Boise

Reactions: Hannco

·
Banned
11,831 Posts

Or here's my idea:

I'd put an asterix or two on each of those
* offer not valid for those with criminal record in either Mexico or the US
** offer not valid to moslems posing as Mexicans

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
Trump will get his wall and Iran will get there war.
I bet very soon we are going to get attacked by some jihadie snd that moment will determine the next election. But it's no garentee it will be trump

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.