Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Trump Now the Nominee

5K views 132 replies 42 participants last post by  Nordon 
#1 ·
#27 ·
Yet there's a 4% chance he doesnt win?

#32 ·
All these posts about how Trump is really a Liberal and and all the Liberal things he will do, where are you people getting it from? I think Trump will build a wall. I think Trump will deport illegals. I think Trump will achieve national reciprocity. I think Trump will cut off foreign funding without anything in return. I think Trump will bargain from a position of strength in trade deals. I think he will do these things if for nothing else, just to piss people off a stroke his ego. I dont see even a sliver of "hidden agenda" in him. I guess thats why I see the Cruz Fanboy's behavior as little more than liberal temper tantrums, because I just dont see the things you claim. To me, you just look like you chugged a 40 oz of Trump Haterade and proceeded to drunk post on the interwebs.

#36 ·
All his "solutions" are for BIG Government. Because those solutions are more palatable to you than Obama's doesn't change the fact that he's a progressive, he's just taking another road on the same interstate system.

#33 ·
I think the new 1st Lady will do a better job redecorating than the current one................and she won't look like the 1st Drag Queen.

#39 ·
But at least he has solutions to modern day problems effecting a MAJORITY of Americans. Cruz's whole deal was he was a truer conservative, who gives a crap? What was he going to do, save us from gay marriage? Save us from transgender potty privileges? The argument became all about who was a better conservative, Cruz or Trump, and while Cruz and his acolytes were fighting that war, Trump was offering solutions to problems people care about. And now, because Trump was not as good of a "conservative" as Cruz on paper, we resort to preaching doom and gloom? Cruz and his followers just focused on the wrong things, and failed to see the whole picture. He didnt speak to or for enough people, he only spoke to a minority of the minority in this country, and he lost.

#41 ·
What Cruz was going to save us from was our desire for Government to "Fix" our problems.

Government IS the problem.

Any activity other than enforcing the rule of law and national security is none of their business and will only infringe on someone's individual rights.

#40 ·
#44 ·
Very easy to find the illegals.

At the first ground-breaking of the wall hundreds or thousands will show up to protest.

National Guard is there with ICE agents to arrest.

Problem solved.

#46 ·
The last thing we need in the White House is another lawyer or professional Politian. Hillary is both.

People change and evolve as they get older. Trump has a past but I think with a Republican Congress and high expectations from the people that have taken him this far we can (using Hillary's words) keep him on the conservative reservation.

I think the major issue for republican voters is that Trump is a doer. Republican voters are totally fed up with the talk about stopping the Obama agenda from the establishment republicans over the last seven years to the point where they are gambling the house that Trump is going to do some dramatic things to get this country turned around.

With Hillary we have no chance of overturning the ACA, getting immigration under control, rebuilding our military and putting the U.S. back on the road to economic recovery. With Trump there is at least some hope we can stop the decline we have experienced over the last seven years.

#50 ·
The last thing we need in the White House is another lawyer or professional Politian. Hillary is both.

People change and evolve as they get older. Trump has a past but I think with a Republican Congress and high expectations from the people that have taken him this far we can (using Hillary's words) keep him on the conservative reservation.

I think the major issue for republican voters is that Trump is a doer. Republican voters are totally fed up with the talk about stopping the Obama agenda from the establishment republicans over the last seven years to the point where they are gambling the house that Trump is going to do some dramatic things to get this country turned around.

With Hillary we have no chance of overturning the ACA, getting immigration under control, rebuilding our military and putting the U.S. back on the road to economic recovery. With Trump there is at least some hope we can stop the decline we have experienced over the last seven years.
It's a huge gamble into an already grossly oversized Government that I feel that this Country cannot afford monitorially and emotionally.

#49 ·
His donations do not concern me in the least. The Clintons have been at the top of the Democratic pile on a national level for a very long time. They set up shop in NY after Bill's presidency. She became a senator in NY. They are/were possibly the most influential democrats in the country, whether you are trying to reach a national or local politician, or even some bureaucrat inside government. I dont think donations to some of the most powerful Democrats in the country are anything more than another tax on his business.

#58 ·
All fun and games, but academic.

Unless the GOP establishments pulls a fast one at the convention Trump will be the nominee and it's going to be Trump vs Hillary in November.

One of them *WILL* be President.

What are you going to do?

#59 ·
http://thefederalist.com/2016/02/24/ill-take-hillary-clinton-over-donald-trump/

"Donald Trump could end up being the Republican nominee, and the idea fills many conservatives (like me) with despair. By "conservatives," I mean actual conservatives, the people who believe in limited government, a strong national defense, American federalism, and who reject the nanny state in all of its smothering incarnations. Put another way, I mean: people who are not liberals, like Donald Trump."

#66 ·
The time for wishes and what-if's is gone.

Good or bad
Right or wrong
Truth or lies
Glowing success or abysmal failure

This is what it is.

How we proceed from here on is what matters now.

#67 ·
I think Trump should pick Bill Clinton as his VP.....wouldn't that make for good ratings?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.