Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a good tranny guy in eastern nassau? 1995 Tahoe bad 4l60e transmission. I hear nothing but negative things about transmission shops...

·
SUPER STAR
5,508 Posts
County Line Transmissions. They are located in Amityville.....George is the guy to speak to...not cheap but, a trustworthy shop.

BTW, if you decide not to fix the truck....let me know. My friend is in the market for a second Tahoe.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Sad... I left a perfectly good race tuned 4L60E/700R4(E) that was built for up to 800 h.p. when I left hawaii.... Sorry I cant offer you that without plane tickets...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Why not just pick up a used 4L60E for a few hundred and do it yourself since it's a truck?

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I have a recently rebuilt [less than 200 miles] in my '94 2 dr Tahoe. I had it built by Early's Transmission in Rockville Centre to handle more power. He added a severe duty input drum, kevlar band, "blue" HD clutches, a 5 pinion planetary & billet servo in addition to the usual rebuild components & a new HD converter.
I lost interest in the project when the 383 roller motor I installed turned out to be a POS!
Truck is still whole but will be parting out.

·
In my Happy Place
3,769 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Smitherines said:
Why not just pick up a used 4L60E for a few hundred and do it yourself since it's a truck?
I've got one sitting here out of my Sonoma pickup... it was rebuilt, don't know exact mileage, but it was behind a 2.4 so it didn't get beaten up.

From when I thought I needed it in my van (4.3 Safari van) it seems they are all the same except for the shift solenoid.

Make me an offer.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
madmax said:
Love that body too. Toss the 383, go the lsx route. More power, lighter, better fuel economy. Its the best of all worlds.
I should have gone Big Block ...... 454 from the getgo! Got talked into the 383 ...... "easier conversion"
Many people love them ...... mine is total junk!

·
AMF YOYO
3,602 Posts
Big Old Mr Knish said:
u lookin for a pre-op or post-op?
Ummm, EEEWWWW!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
The guys at Aamco in New Hyde Park did the transmission on my 1997 chevy tahoe.  Have about 30K or more miles on it since then.....no problems.  Ask for Ken.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.