Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
There have been some mixed reviews on some of the parts included (generic BCG and charging handle) by people who handled them in-store.
It appears this is currently offered as a Dick's exclusive which is pretty cool. They come in a factory pre-ban and post ban version. Might have to blow some more money and get some Dicks points.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
its purty makes. a little pissed I just bought the m&p sport for 700
Don't be! Your gun has a better BCG, charging handle, barrel coating and is a S&W! Buy your own free float for $100-200 and your way ahead.

·
Uh-oh...
12,524 Posts

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
-Troy Industries Battle Ax 6 position (Pinned for compliant models) buttstock with Mil-Spec receiver extension
-Troy Industries Medieval Flash Suppressor/or pinned Claymore Muzzle Brake
- from Troy's website http://www.troydefen...y-5-56-carbine/

I am assuming the Battle Ax Stock is factory pinned in the most opened "last" position? Wonder what the LOP is on that?

That muzzle brake alone sells for 60-almost 100 bucks!
http://www.amazon.co...sl_7sgo2r60g5_b

When you part it out, the price is pretty good regardless it's weak points. It is cool they are selling factory compliant ARs at Dicks.

·
what
1,454 Posts
My buddy bought one. The del ton rumor is just that. I've read elsewhere that troy does in fact make their own rifles now as well as suppressors.

I shot this gun 2 weeks ago. It's a very soft shooter. Midlength gas system. 1/7 twist barrel. Trigger was nice and felt lighter compared to my stag/cmt trigger. The carbine itself has a nice lightweight balanced feel to it. Everything is properly staked. You can't beat it at this price.

Bolt carrier in my friends is a standard m16 carrier. I don't know how someone can look at a bcg and say it looks generic. What does your bcg have a Burberry pattern? Charging handle looks like a standard charging handle too. No better or worse than any other standard charging handle.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
The parts alone make it a deal:

-The alpha rail sells for over $200.
-The claymore comp sells for $60+
-The rear sight is over $100.
-The battle ax stock goes for $179-199 (many don't like it, but hey, it's different)

That's $539 in 4 parts on the low-end plus at the Dick's BF price, you're still getting a lower, an upper, a LPK, a buffer tube assembly, and grip and a mag for only $260 more!

Plus that Troy rollmark is pretty cool.

Yep. Looks like I'm heading to Dicks Friday.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts