Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Trophy Hunting

3K views 29 replies 27 participants last post by  C6NY 
#1 ·
I was reading an article about the killing of a beautiful extremely large majestic elephant in Africa. I was wonder what do the members here think about trophy hunting and hunting the majestic animals of Africa . I am not anti hunting and will like to try deer hunting. Murdering such a cute animal like an elephant or lion and just leave it to rot is not something I will do.

Here is the article.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/16/africa/great-tusker-elephant-killed-zimbabwe/index.html

#2 ·
How is "murdering" a deer different to you than "murdering" an African majestic animal such as the lion or giraffe? Hunters hunt for many reasons and "murdering" is not one of them. Get involved with the hunting culture and learn about the good that hunters do in managing herd numbers here in the USA and how communities are "helped" in Africa and other lands where majestic creatures are hunted.

#5 ·
I am strictly a meat hunter, but what others do is none of my business, If they pay for a license, then its hunting not murdering. Those pricey hunting tags help feed the small villages in Africa.

Reactions: frank57 and havfun
#7 ·
I was reading an article about the killing of a beautiful extremely large majestic elephant in Africa. I was wonder what do the members here think about trophy hunting and hunting the majestic animals of Africa . I am not anti hunting and will like to try deer hunting. Murdering such a cute animal like an elephant or lion and just leave it to rot is not something I will do.

Here is the article.

http://www.cnn.com/2...abwe/index.html
Those meat of those elephants and lions that are hunted in Africa, and other game as well, is not left to rot. It is fed to the villagers in the areas around which the hunting is done. The only people who leave the meat to rot are the poachers who take game for things like the ivory or the genitals and other parts that some cultures think are medicinal, like some Chinese believing that a tigers penis will make them more virile. Those are poachers, not hunters.

Now, I wouldn't want to hunt an elephant but I have no problem with those who do so legally.

Reactions: havfun
#13 ·
There are all sorts of trophies to be had out there. One member has been stalking this for years..................

Attachments

#14 ·
This trail is booby - trapped and you're about to step in a pungi pit; leave this thread now.

Reactions: ceesman762
#16 ·

Here is the article.

the problem you have here is that you got your information about something from CNN, a place that know nothing about anything -
that was your first mistake

want to learn about hunting and conservation? s

start here:
http://www.nssf.org/hunting/orgs.cfm

NOT here:

http://www.cnn.com

#17 ·
I hunt , but only things I will eat , if I get a trophy great if not I still have food. As long as it is done legally and ethically I have no problem what people hunt

Except when it comes to feral cats and giraffes , kill them all , anyway you want , knives , machine guns , flamethrowers , pitchforks ..etc who care , hate them , hate them all

Oh a leave the squirrels alone

#23 ·
Personally, I want to kill Keith the believed Kudu next year - but only if he has a radio collar. And I'm getting a shoulder mount - with the radio collar. And if I kill Brent (Keith's slightly slower cousin) I'll buy a radio collar on ebay for the shoulder mount. I'm serious about this - ask my wife. It's been discussed ad nauseum and she said "fine, do what you want".

As to feeding the village? So long as I get some Kudo back strap over an open flame, feed whomever with the rest. I really don't care.

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)

Here is the article.

Murder is a human being killing another human being, when a human being kills, lets say a giraffe for example that is not murder. Lets say a hunter shoots a giraffe in his giraffe face and dances over the corpse it is not murder. So long as you shoot the giraffe dead nuts in the middle of the face it is ok, shooting him half faced is another thing and could be considered animal cruelty.

#26 ·
I hunt animals because it's no longer legal for me to hunt humans. Whether it's with a gun, bow, knife, rock or photon torpedo, it's all about the killing for me. I like to put the intestines on my head and pretend it's spaghetti. Then, in case someone sees me doing this, I pee on the meat so it ruins it for everyone.

Finally. I carefully remove the head, spine and balls so they all sTay connected. I hopefully the balls are tremendous. I tie the trio of victorious proof to my hitch and drag it through the city proper as a display of my unassailable masculinity and prowess. Most times I am erect while doing all this.

Then I go home and watch the feelgood movie of the year...Manson, the early years.

There. That ought to make headlines somewhere.

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
The only big game I haven't hunted, shot and had mounted and sitting in my trophy room right now at my home is the Reticulated Giraffe. Not because I don't was too, I just have to have the large trophy ceilings room vaulted to get the stuffed beast in there, the carpenters are coming next week. What caliber should I use again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.