Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Considering the DSI drop in 4 lbs. billet trigger.. seems like a great value in the world of drop in triggers reviews seem nite and day from stock triggers . Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I put the ALG defense combat trigger in one of my ARs and what a difference it made. For 65$ I couldn't be happier. Needless to say I purchased a few more for my other lowers. I love it, no creep and a crisp pull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Be vewwy qwuiet, I'm hunting Giwaffes...
5,932 Posts
Considering the DSI drop in 4 lbs. billet trigger.. seems like a great value in the world of drop in triggers reviews seem nite and day from stock triggers . Any thoughts ?
Go to the store, they have one mounted that you can try. I like the feel of it, but I'm a cheap-a$$ so I just polish the mil-spec ones.

·
Giraffe Hunter
3,768 Posts
After a lot of reading on the Giselle triggers and Timminy triggers I was sold on spending 200+ bucks on one of the name brand drop ins. Then I went to the store just to feel them out and after pulling numerous triggers countless times, I could hardly find a difference between the DSI triggers and the name brands. They feel really really good. I decided to go with the DSI single stage despite my initial research and save the 60 bucks. I haven't gotten out the range with it yet but as far as initial feel...I'm sold. Longevity is something else I cant vouch for but knowing the guys at DSI, if something fails, there isn't a doubt in my mind they wouldn't do everything they could to make it right.
Go pull them for yourself and you'll see what I'm talking about.

·
Triple Distilled Unfiltered Truth
3,299 Posts
I put the ALG defense combat trigger in one of my ARs and what a difference it made. For 65$ I couldn't be happier. Needless to say I purchased a few more for my other lowers. I love it, no creep and a crisp pull

He beat me to it.

Honestly, The ALG advanced combat trigger with the JP Rifles reduced power spring kit feels a lot better to me than the DSI one, and at half the price (who makes that anyway? Looks familiar....) . And if you wanted, throw in some KNS pins to reduce the creep on the trigger pull, some grease, and you have one fine, smooth 3.5 - 4 lbs pull.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
I gotta say I love my Rock River Arms Two Stage National Match trigger. I might look into the DSI or CMC.

Reactions: FULL METAL JACKET

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Put the Geiselle SSA in my AR last year. It wasn't cheap and even had to pay an extra $50 because it's a large pin Colt but it's worth the cost of admission. I've tried a lot of triggers over the years but this one is special, for a combat 2 stage.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ended up taking a trip to DSI , the guys were great at explaining the details... I love the feel of their trigger so I'am gonna give it a try . I'll give a range report after I get everything together . Thanks for all the great advice fella's it all really helped

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
We have Giselle, CMC, Timney and POF in stock so you can try any of them as well as ours and buy what feels best to you. The trigger is one of the most important parts of the rifle as it is the point of human interface. Different people have different hands and like different things so buy what feels best to you.

·
Triple Distilled Unfiltered Truth
3,299 Posts
Really ? That's interesting, I'm going to have to do some reading now.

Yeah, Geissele says their pins are made from harder material and that the KNS are slightly undersized by about 1-2 mils.

I mean you can use them, many do, but it's not an upgrade according to Geissele.

Reactions: C6NY

·
Registered
769 Posts
Yeah, Geissele says their pins are made from harder material and that the KNS are slightly undersized by about 1-2 mils.

I mean you can use them, many do, but it's not an upgrade according to Geissele.
Just was talking to my dad and he basically said the same thing lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts