Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am filling out my NC pistol permit application and the question asked "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ARRESTED, INDICTED, CONVICTED OR RECEIVED AN APPEARANCE TICKET FOR ANY OFFENSE EXCEPT TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS? IF YES, PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION"

Back when I was 17-18 I was at the street races on Greenpoint Avenue in Queen's one night when there was a raid on the street races. I was a passenger in a friends car and all the occupants in the car were related and they have family on the force so they were let go. The officer that night said he cant let all of us go free so he wrote me a summons for trespassing.

I went to court and paid the fine.

Now, I read that you should be completely honest in the application so I am putting this down, but it says you need info, date, charge, disposition and Court Date. Being 18 I did not keep any of this info. Do i just call the court that I was in? How do i get that info?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
You'll be fine as long as you explain everything to NCPLB.

I was in my 30's when I got a similar ticket for walking in the park past sundown. I explained everything to my investigator and he said everything will be fine.

Good luck.

·
Right-wing Sith
6,697 Posts
I am filling out my NC pistol permit application and the question asked "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ARRESTED, INDICTED, CONVICTED OR RECEIVED AN APPEARANCE TICKET FOR ANY OFFENSE EXCEPT TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS? IF YES, PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION"

Back when I was 17-18 I was at the street races on Greenpoint Avenue in Queen's one night when there was a raid on the street races. I was a passenger in a friends car and all the occupants in the car were related and they have family on the force so they were let go. The officer that night said he cant let all of us go free so he wrote me a summons for trespassing.

I went to court and paid the fine.

Now, I read that you should be completely honest in the application so I am putting this down, but it says you need info, date, charge, disposition and Court Date. Being 18 I did not keep any of this info. Do i just call the court that I was in? How do i get that info?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
I think you have your answer in your question. Call the court up. If they can't give you the info over the phone, they will tell you the procedure. Or, you can google the court name and location, the procedure may be online.

Joe Shmoe may be right and just telling pistol license agency what you know might be enough. If they say you need to document it, then you have to do what you have to do.

Reactions: Sig

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I had one too from 1983, for walking on the catwalk of the F subway line in Brooklyn, they dragged all of us DB 15 year olds to Stillwell Ave in Coney Island, called our parents, and gave us those stupid pink summonses, which amounted to a $25 fine, and a beating from Papa Giuseppe.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called 3 offices today, from summons office to county clerks office and even called Ny Criminal court as mentioned above. They cannot find my info in the system. They asked for my name, birthday, address at the time of incident etc and non of them could find my summons. The last lady I talked to told me that they must have made a mistake entering my information in the system. She said I can go down and get finger printed and it'll take a few weeks/months but from experience she said it will probably retrieve nothing also. So, off to get some passport pictures and to Nassau County's pistol and licensing office tomorrow!!

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Tell them about the summons. Oh and BTW the people you spoke with on the phone. I am not saying what they actually did but. They really didn't look hard enough. The information is somewhere. You just have to look in the correct place. Now you don't want a situation where you don't mention it and the investigator who will run your information finds something.... Disclaimer : I am not saying I know anything about 100 Centre street. But I may have played someone who does on TV. Just remember everyone, the records are there. It is just a matter of looking in the correct place and finding a public employee who knows where to look or will actually do their job and look. Always disclose.

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
I got a 'trespass' ticket that I had to go to court for. My ex girlfriend and I went for a walk in the park after sunset.....that was it. I was in my 30's. I advised SCPLB about it. I told them the whole story. It wasn't a problem.

Be honest. Tell the truth.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.