Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got home yesterday to a recall notice stating that my API Marksman tree stand is under recall as it "might break during use causing a fall hazard". Of course, mine is part of the effected batch (9G-0114 and 9G-0614)... They are instructing me to call and they will send out new cables immediately.

Looking at the TMA website, there are quite a few recalls on varying brands.

· Registered
12,359 Posts
I got home yesterday to a recall notice stating that my API Marksman tree stand is under recall as it "might break during use causing a fall hazard". Of course, mine is part of the effected batch (9G-0114 and 9G-0614)... They are instructing me to call and they will send out new cables immediately.

Looking at the TMA website, there are quite a few recalls on varying brands.
I've used many treestands from Wal-Mart,Dick's and Gander Mountain. All need new straps or cables from sitting outdoors. You will hear building treestands are unsafe. I started using ground blinds with excellent results.

· Registered
1,935 Posts
I hunted from the ground for a loong time, they cut the timber behind camp and you had to go up to see more than 10 feet with all the brush lying around,hemlock & beech laying all over the place. Stuff finally got broken down enough ( rotted) and there was a beech sapling explosion not to bad when they are shin high but holy crap when they get over your head back into the tree stand.

· Premium Member
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like hunting from a tree stand because I'm not sitting on the cold wet icky muddy ground. I only use mine when bow hunting - but I might try it for gun this year as my little inflatable seat seemed to develop a leak last year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.