What would you like to do
I'm down for trap only952.94%
I'm down for skeet only211.76%
I'm down for both only635.29%

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was thinking of a summer fun league for donate and club member most likely Saturdays or Sunday Any interest if so ill come up with a plan and maybe a small fee for prizes and trophy if ok with the boss.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Probably up for this, depending on schedule details, AM best, Saturday preferred

Thank You for proposing this!

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think early would be good as it get hot out there and it will leave the rest of the day open.

Reactions: gwbahren

·
Premium Member
9,506 Posts
Is there any such thing as a league or team competitions? I'm far from good but I enjoy the sport.
Maybe some lessons built into the plan would spike interest?

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
Is there any such thing as a league or team competitions? I'm far from good but I enjoy the sport.
Maybe some lessons built into the plan would spike interest?
Strickly a fun league and just a way to get some range time. I'm sure some of the more proficient members would lend a helping hand and give some pointers.

Reactions: Huntington Guy

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Some suggestions from a long time Clays shooter to make the league more attractive to non hardcore shooters. Limit the shoot to two rounds of Trap or Skeet per week or a half round of Sporting Clays(50 birds). This keeps the cost down for less affluent shooters. Do it as early as possible in the morning and no longer than a half day. Ease up on the rules to allow new shooters to get familiar with the game. Example: allow them a re call of the target if they forget to remove the safety, have a jam, or are young shooters just learning.

Do not allow monetary prizes or gambling. Shooting for money brings out the worst in people. Set up classes based on scores using the "Lewis" system. That way everybody has a chance to win. Stay away from the ATA diehards. No shootoffs! Maybe arrange for a barbecue if the range allows but do not require the shooters buy a lunch as part of the shoot. (Some clubs do this, it makes the shoots too expensive for some folks).

Don't laugh at the folks shooting Mossbergs! But teach them to clear jams properly!

Make it fun to be there, not a cutthroat competition. Give out awards like most improved shooter, top junior/lady etc.

Shooting should be fun, and if you make it so the league will succeed.

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,785 Posts
Always into shooting trap

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: gwbahren

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So anyone else interested

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bump

·
Registered
932 Posts
Haven't shot trap in 40yrs, but would like to give it a try, Have a Remington 870 Wingmaster pump. Saturdays, AM, Suffolk, suits me right down to the ground.

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
This is going to be a fun league I have to check to see if it can be open to family of members as a range office/ thrower (I think that's what they are called ) are suplied by the range. Just getting a fell to see how many are into it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts