Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Tourist brings loaded guns to 9/11 memorial

http://www.myfoxny.c...ns-911-memorial

NEW YORK (AP) - A tourist from Texas was arrested over the weekend on charges she was packing two loaded handguns at the Sept. 11 memorial in New York City, authorities said Monday.

According to a criminal complaint, Elizabeth Enderli was visiting the site Saturday when she informed a police officer she had the weapons in her backpack. She was charged with criminal possession of a weapon before being released Sunday.

The name of her attorney was not immediately available. However, friends and family told the New York Post that the 31-year-old military veteran has a permit to carry weapons in her home state.

Enderli mistakenly believed the permit covered her visit to New York from the Houston area, they said. But rather than getting to see the lower Manhattan landmark, she ended up spending a night in jail after asking where she could store the pistols - 9mm and .380-caliber semi-automatics - while there, they said.

"Our husbands don't give us a hug and a kiss - they pat us down to make sure we're armed," said Aimey Richardson, a friend who made the trip with Enderli. "We're not allowed to go out without them."

Enderli was ordered to return to court Aug. 28.

·
Registered
527 Posts
It's really a shame. Ran afoul of NY's licensing reciprocity with nobody (though NYC doesn't even have reciprocity with NY State). Tried to do the responsible thing and ask a PO where to safely store firearms and ends up getting arrested. I guess this is a very harsh reminder to check/know the restrictions before you go visiting with your firearms.

·
Registered
15,344 Posts

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,875 Posts
I'm sorry I simply have no sympathy with these people. It is your responsibility to check gun laws when entering another state. Have they not read a newspaper or watched the news over the last twenty years. How could they not have known that NY gun laws suck. Stupidity is no excuse.

This kind of thing is far too common I'm afraid.

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
does the rest of the country even know how crazy NY is?

I agree the laws are a joke, but i will follow them. i guess it is different when you grow up in a free state, the thought of not being allowed to carry even a knife is odd

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
I'm sorry I simply have no sympathy with these people. It is your responsibility to check gun laws when entering another state. Have they not read a newspaper or watched the news over the last twenty years. How could they not have known that NY gun laws suck. Stupidity is no excuse.

Or are we just desesitized to the fact we can't put on our daily carry piece everyday like a pair of pants? They can and that's why they don't think about it even 1 minute.

·
Banned
11,831 Posts

We're acquantied with these regulations because we're here. But tourists who choose to visit NY are not living in that mindset. And if they had any sense at all they'd have made other travel plans.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,875 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
It's really a shame. Ran afoul of NY's licensing reciprocity with nobody (though NYC doesn't even have reciprocity with NY State). Tried to do the responsible thing and ask a PO where to safely store firearms and ends up getting arrested. I guess this is a very harsh reminder to check/know the restrictions before you go visiting with your firearms.
I don't understand the idea of having a concealed weapon, but then going someplace to ask where to store it. So what is the point of CCW?

·
Banned
17,097 Posts

I differ. Although they should have checked out laws, why do you think them reading a newspaper would inform them? Even if the news down there would cover it, why would they watch/read it? I live in this ******** and I don't even want to watch/read it.

This place, along with California and a few other places is a big black mark on the country, one that should be excised like cancer.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.