1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
19,459 Posts
http://www.ibtimes.com/chattanooga-shooting-reignites-gun-control-debate-after-mohammad-youssef-abdulazeez-2013917

here we go. The shooter used an "evil" ak 47 to kill all those guys. because a mass shooting like this is only possible with a "scary looking assault weapon"

In order to kill lot's of people, you apparently need a pistol grip and "blood thirsty" bayonet lug. (despite the fact the worst mass shooting in the WORLD wasn't done with an "assault weapon")
I guess it depends whose definition of "Assault weapon" you are using, according to Cuome's definition, a mini-14 is an assault weapon, isn't it? (Detachable mag, semi, muzzle device)

·
Banned
19,459 Posts
no. Most Mini 14s don't have a muzzle device, so they aren't "assault weapons."

I stand corrected- his did not have a flash hider, but it had a bayonet attached via rail adapter (legal in NY?) and a forward grip, which I believe still makes it an "assault weapon" according to Cuomo- just not people with common sense that know an assault rifle (one engineered specifically for combat) would have a select fire option.

Brevik got "the most military" rifle that he could, whining about Norway's gun laws- if he had been able to, he probably would have secured an M4. At any rate, the carnage and mayhem may have somewhat limited by the availability of tools, but the real issue is the sociopath wielding them.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I stand corrected- his did not have a flash hider, but it had a bayonet attached via rail adapter (legal in NY?) and a forward grip, which I believe still makes it an "assault weapon" according to Cuomo- just not people with common sense that know an assault rifle (one engineered specifically for combat) would have a select fire option.

Brevik got "the most military" rifle that he could, whining about Norway's gun laws- if he had been able to, he probably would have secured an M4. At any rate, the carnage and mayhem may have somewhat limited by the availability of tools, but the real issue is the sociopath wielding them.
He never even used the bayonet lug, and chances are, he was holding the rifle horizontally since his vertical grip is so damn far forward.

it's really safe to say he didn't use an "assault weapon" because it would be outright retarded to argue that he did because he had a bayonet lug (which he didn't even use to bayonet anyone in the first place)

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
He never even used the bayonet lug, and chances are, he was holding the rifle horizontally since his vertical grip is so damn far forward.

it's really safe to say he didn't use an "assault weapon" because it would be outright retarded to argue that he did because he had a bayonet lug (which he didn't even use to bayonet anyone in the first place)
He didn't use an assault weapon, tenn doesn't recognize that garage of a term... The word assault weapon is only used by the liberal media and a hand full of liberal states.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.