Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to a distributer. I can get these on a group buy for 35.00 - 38.00 SHIPPED depending on the amount we need.

You set them and go :)

These are over $70.00 in the store. Consider them at half price!

Please let me know if you are interested.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pic

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
R these the ones that air down to 25 lbs then stop ?

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
just curious but one question.  i get that you let the air out of the tires to off road and such.  my question is how do you get the air back in when you're done?  i mean not to be an idiot but you're driving on the beach.  you're done.  where do you get the air from without driving on a main road with flat tires.  pardon the stupidity of this question but i've been wondering this for a while now lol.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Robfather said:
just curious but one question. i get that you let the air out of the tires to off road and such. my question is how do you get the air back in when you're done? i mean not to be an idiot but you're driving on the beach. you're done. where do you get the air from without driving on a main road with flat tires. pardon the stupidity of this question but i've been wondering this for a while now lol.
you carry an electric air pump that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

·
Registered
607 Posts
There are several different pressure valves availabler (I think 3).  We need to determine which one is the best average for our group buy.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I care two small air pump use a cigarette light plug take a little time but they work there are a few you can get start at $25 and gos up to about $75  if you go to Democrat point you need a air hose they have air quick connect to hook up to

·
Registered
474 Posts
The ones I had were set at 18psi from the factory. Rule of thumb is 1/2 your normal cold pressure. Min is 15psi without bead locks, which are not legal for street.

If you go to a 4x4 area on the island, there are "Air Up" points on the way out with connections to a compressor. You should carry a good portable truck air compressor, but also carried a 25' airline with tire chuck and a good gauge. The stations with hoses are always backed up and the ones with quick and ball valve only are usually open (Smith's Point).

·
Registered
605 Posts
Or install onboard Air.  Didnt feel like upgrading my AC in my jeep from freon.  So removed all the AC innards but kep the compressor.  Hooked it up to a tank using one of the aftermarket kits.  Works great.

·
SUPER STAR
5,508 Posts
I went 4 wheelin on the beach once with a buddy. He had a k-5 with 33's. He aired down then when we were done, he plugged in his little cigarette lighter compressor......We spent more time waiting for his tires to fill up than we did driving on the beach.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats why you need one that connects DIRECTLY to the battery, not a cig lighter. (USES HIGHER AMPS)

:)

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Co2 also works really well for airing up tires at the beach. Super fast too. :D
there is usually a long line at demo pt. And gilgo and sore thumb do not have an air up station, just a dirt trail head.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Poll isnt going to good :(

G

·
I carry a AL 80 must of the summer season for diving, Its alway amazing how many tires you can POP with it....

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
my k5 has an old 60's piston style air conditioning compressor puts out so much air it cant go into the tire fast enough and cycles on and off. Even used it with 2 framing nail guns at once.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Also for the beach I use 4 paper binder clips I drilled a hole in the middle and have a screw thur it so you can clip it on the tire valve and the screw hold the valve down. Cheap and effective takes 2 seconds to air down.

·
115:5
4,036 Posts
mikeee said:
Also for the beach I use 4 paper binder clips I drilled a hole in the middle and have a screw thur it so you can clip it on the tire valve and the screw hold the valve down. Cheap and effective takes 2 seconds to air down.
Heck I got that beat. My cars tires are self deflating. ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would definitely be interested on this and possibly a buddy of mine would be too. Is there a site with more info on the ones we're looking to get? Id be looking for ones that go down to around 18ish.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.