Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The scuttlebutt is that Pennsylvania will stop handling non-resident licenses at year end. That means we have less than a month to send in our $26 and get our Pennsylvania Carry Permit. After December, we'll have to make a trip in person if the internet is to believed.

Here's the link:
http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/license_application.asp

Just photocopy your home carry license and drivers license, fill out the application, include a SASE and a check for $26 and your 5 year carry permit will arrive in about a week. It doesn't get any easier than that.

Why do you need your non-resident Pennsylvania license you ask? So you can carry to and at the NRA Convention next April.

Not going to the convention or not a member of the NRA? Then you are part of the problem. :p

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The scuttlebutt is that Pennsylvania will stop handling non-resident licenses at year end. That means we have less than a month to send in our $26 and get our Pennsylvania Carry Permit. After December, we'll have to make a trip in person if the internet is to believed.

Here's the link:
http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/license_application.asp

Just photocopy your home carry license and drivers license, fill out the application, include a SASE and a check for $26 and your 5 year carry permit will arrive in about a week. It doesn't get any easier than that.

Why do you need your non-resident Pennsylvania license you ask? So you can carry to and at the NRA Convention next April.

Not going to the convention or not a member of the NRA? Then you are part of the problem. :p

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just now spoke to Centre County Sheriff's Office - they ARE STILL accepting apps from non-residents.  A pleasant gal named Cheryl chuckled because she's been spending here days answering phone calls from all of us.  She doesn't know when they will stop this process, but knows it's supposed to end soon.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just now spoke to Centre County Sheriff's Office - they ARE STILL accepting apps from non-residents.  A pleasant gal named Cheryl chuckled because she's been spending here days answering phone calls from all of us.  She doesn't know when they will stop this process, but knows it's supposed to end soon.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
When our current license for PA expires, can we renew by mail or do we have to make a visit?

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
When our current license for PA expires, can we renew by mail or do we have to make a visit?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Didn't ask as this is my first foray into non-res ccw's.  They might not even know all of the new procedures yet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Didn't ask as this is my first foray into non-res ccw's.  They might not even know all of the new procedures yet.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
milspecnsn said:
What I've "heard" is it will need to be in person
ROAD TRIP !!! Do I hear a group buy bus trip a brewin?

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
milspecnsn said:
What I've "heard" is it will need to be in person
ROAD TRIP !!! Do I hear a group buy bus trip a brewin?

·
Registered
46 Posts
They must be busy because it's been a week and no permit yet.... :-/

·
Registered
46 Posts
They must be busy because it's been a week and no permit yet.... :-/

·
just working to improve,one round at a time
1,680 Posts
Aquabach said:
Cabela's is in HAmburg and an awesome place to visit.
Only 35 minutes from my Mom's house
ditto.......if it werent for my job id be in my dbl. wide,hanging with the boys. its a realy nice area, farm land, rolling hills..........

·
just working to improve,one round at a time
1,680 Posts
Aquabach said:
Cabela's is in HAmburg and an awesome place to visit.
Only 35 minutes from my Mom's house
ditto.......if it werent for my job id be in my dbl. wide,hanging with the boys. its a realy nice area, farm land, rolling hills..........

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I am filling it out right now.  

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I am filling it out right now.  

1 - 20 of 102 Posts