Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to start building a custom 10/22. I know all the parts I want to you except for the stock. I really want to get the Boyds thumbhole stock ( I have one on my Remy 700 and I love it) but we all know that this stock would turn my "squirrel gun" into a baby killing "assault rifle" capable of unthinkable things. Other then having a fixed mag (which I don't think would even work on a 10/22) is there a way to legally put a thumbhole stock on a Ruger 10/22?

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
The short answer in NY - that would be NO

Semi auto w/detachable magazine makes it eligible for "assault weapon" status. Add another evil feature (and thumbhole stock is one) and you elevate it to mass murdering, baby killing status.

My advice- move or buy a vacation home in a free state and store your baby killing guns there.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
You sir must be a domestic terrorist to have thoughts of putting a thumbhole stock on your pea shooter. The finished product would be sure to lay waste to hundreds of kids, or more. Think of the children!
Exactly! Either he's a domestic terrorist, or insane!
A 10/22 is a fine sporting rifle good for target shooting and small ganme hunting, like squirrel.
Put a thumbhole stock on it and it will massacre babies, shoot up schools and churches.
What the neck is he thinking?

Probably a racist too.

Seriously, OP. it's a violation of the real insanity. the NY Safe Act.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
For the Boyds Evolution style it would be impossible. But with just a little woodworking confidence you could potentially modify their Barracuda stock to be legal. There seems to be plenty of "meat" on the bottom so you could cut, shape and sand the top edge so it was no longer a thumb hole.

I would not do such a thing with a centerfire rifle, but in this case there is no recoil to worry about so short of dropping the rifle from a great height it should hold up fine over time.

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,770 Posts
Reactions: dank27
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.