Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all. My condolences go out to the families of these precious children lost in automobile accidents, my SIL's next door neighbor lost a teen 17 y.o. son a couple years ago in a single car accident and the poor mother will never be the same, she's a shell of her former self and it's life altering, devastating event for the surviving family members.
http://m.recordonline.com/article/20150714/NEWS/150719658

How many more children under the age of 25 have to die in car accidents while driving? Where is Cuomo shouting to the media that the age of driving a car has to be raised to 25 years old as many more children die to to accidents then the dreaded 'assault' weapons that he attacks with such vigor? How many citizens were murdered with 'assault' weapons the past decade vs how many previous children taken driving cars? What, about a 10,000:1 ratio?
Guess the Gov is more concerned more about citizens NOT getting harmed by evil guns than he is at the children.

· Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Honk if you love jesus; text if you want to meet him.

· Registered
2,170 Posts
The States sets an arbitrary age (16) to drive, the state does not know your child. If your child is to immature to drive then he or she shouldn't be, this is not the country any more.
This is what I told my kids, and luckily they listen and got the idea.
On another note children dying is not the only tragedy, my neighbor was killed in a car accident right on the next block over, that in itself is tragedy enough but SHE had 5 young children one handicapped and was taking care of her elderly Father. The absolute worst case scenario.

· Registered
15,344 Posts
Ban texting devices.

Reactions: bmoscato

· Premium Member
420 Posts
Your insurance co. will love you - and your lawyer!

· Registered
1,530 Posts
Let's just suppose there's two little babies in the back seat that you can't see, how's your brake checking working in that scenario?
So let me get this strait, somone burried in a facebook posting with their kids in the back, and it's my fault?

I don't actually let them hit me, what it does is it wakes them up and makes them realize that they are endangering everyone else on the road due to their selfishness.

I much prefer to wake them up while I can see them and react rather than having them rear end me when I don't see them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.