Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a pump shotgun made by IAC. Here's what I was able to find out about it:

They are made by the same chinese factory that makes the H&R for remington. Apparently they figured that if they already made this less expensive H&R for remington, that they may as well make one themselves and re-badge it.
In the reviews that I've read, they are beefier than the H&R, and are virtually an 870 clones, with a price tag of around $240.
Some reviewers said they "head-over-heels" better than the H&R. In addition, they take all Remington related aftermarket accessories and parts.

They come 2 flavors: one has a rail mount, and the other has a ghost ring.
Does anyone own one of these, or have any experience with one ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
I would say they are on par with H&R, and feel better then the current Remy 870 Express... I've never shot an IAC or the Remy, so take that with a grain of salt. I got the Pardner - I didn't like the rail or ghost rings on the IAC (just a personal opinion).

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Any word on warranty support? The H&R service has a good rep, the Chinese guns from Stevens has well, Stevens which has a very good rep. I don't know much about IAC

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never seen one I would like to compare it to my pardner protector.
Do a search on it.....there's actually alot of info around, especially in the shotgun forums

·
Registered
540 Posts
Its hard to compare on the internet. Seems a lot of people who say the pardner is best never shot an 870. People who say the 870's will always be better seem to be those who have never touched nor read up on the pardner because its Chinese made. Lots of speculation. I was lucky enough to hold an 870 express, mossberg 590, and 500, as well as my Pardner next to each other. Pardner got the win because I was looking for a cheap gun that I could tear apart and rebuild the way I wanted. It just so happens it also had a better feel and finish. Wonder if my decision would have swayed at all if I was able to hold an IAC.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
ive owned both a current 870 & the IAC and id take the chicom clone any day over those new 870's. I'm going to catch hell for this one, but they really are built like a tank. Plus use many of the same parts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I love my hawk 982! A solid, unbreakable shotgun. Had it for around 6 months and I shoots better than my mossberg 500. best 200 dollars I have spent in a long time.

·
Registered
540 Posts
ive owned both a current 870 & the IAC and id take the chicom clone any day over those new 870's. I'm going to catch hell for this one, but they really are built like a tank. Plus use many of the same parts
Shouldnt catch hell. China houses some of the worlds largest and most powerful steel producers. Its not surprising there products are beefier with better quality steel. Sure you can get US made that is good and better but you will pay for it and its not gonna come on entry level guns like the 500, and 870 express.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts