Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any good dealers that carry/have Thompsons in stock?  Specifically I'm looking for the military style rifle.  I did a search on the auto ordinance website and it looks like only a few places on long island are authorized dealers, and I haven't gotten around to calling any shops.

·
In my Happy Place
3,769 Posts
SSS in Merrick had one not too long ago, give them a call.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
SSS has/had one. It's being raffled off for Mikes legal defense fund at $10/ticket. So they must be an authorized dealer.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
Coliseum carries them. I purchased two of them from Andy.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Postal Bob said:
SSS has/had one. It's being raffled off for Mikes legal defense fund at $10/ticket. So they must be an authorized dealer.
I believe it's $20.00 per ticket.

But, if you're not a gambling man, they always have a couple in the backroom.

And they come with a real nice hard case as well.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Thompson fall under the definition of an assualt rifle under the NYS AWB?  I know it is specifically mentioned in the NYC ban.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
It may be banned in NYC, but not in NY. It only comes with a 10 rd mag. And it doesn't have a pistol grip, so it has the muzzle break which is allowed. Now if you wanted the 100 rd drum magazine, that could be a problem.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Postal Bob said:
It may be banned in NYC, but not in NY. It only comes with a 10 rd mag. And it doesn't have a pistol grip, so it has the muzzle break which is allowed. Now if you wanted the 100 rd drum magazine, that could be a problem.
It doesn;t have a pistol grip?
I have one I bought back in the late 70's, and it has a pistol grip. It is the traditional looking model 1927A1 complete with the drum.The muzzle break is a non issue as it is a muzzle break and not a flash hider.The drum today is problematic I know (post ban ones) I haven;t seen the newer production ones so I can;t say about the grip but mine has it.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Thompson also sells 30 & 50 round pre-ban old stock mags as well as old stock pre-ban drums.

(But I don't know if any of the Nassau 5 will go out of their way to get you one these days.)

·
You Are the Resistance.
3,600 Posts
SteveG said:
Please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Thompson fall under the definition of an assualt rifle under the NYS AWB? I know it is specifically mentioned in the NYC ban.
As far as the NYS goes, it has a pistol grip (evil) a muzzlebreak (OK) and can be had with 10 round mags or prebans (OK) no folding stock. The Pistol Versions don't make the cut (too heavy), and the SBR versions are a nogo as well, but the 'carbine' versions are OK.

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/PA-1TH.html#pi

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the responses guys.  Every firearm I've ever purchased has been through Mike, I'll be glad to give him my business again, I was a little disappointed when I didn't seem them listed on the auto-ordinance website.  

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
dougfxdl said:
The 1928 (front pistol grip) will accept drums or stick magazines. The M1 (military model with horizontal forend) will only accept sticks.
They are LOTS of fun!!!!!
The Commando has a horizontal fore end and accepts drums also. Look at the receivers, if the charging handle is on the top it will have the cut in the receiver for the drums. The M1 has the charging handle on the side and will not accept drums.

Yes they are fun. They seem to bring out the kid in everyone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.