Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am driving to Florida Sat There is a large gun show in the middle of March in Miami. They offer this course that will help get me certified then help get you full carry permit as a nonresident. This is what they do for $140. It Sounds like alot but I would not need NRA certification which I would have to do here in Suffolk that would cost $130-$150.
This is what they do...Florida excepts the Certification

Category: Concealed Weapons Certification

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: What are the times the classes start and how long are they?
A: The classes are held Saturday or Sunday, 11:00AM or 2:00PM and are approximately 2 hours long.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Do you take reservations?
A: No. But you should come at least 30-45 minutes prior.

Q: What do I need to bring to the class?
A: Identification.

Q: What does the class consist of?
A: Basic Firearm Safety, Principles of Marksmanship, Malfunctions with ammunition, all to keep you safe and a broad overview of the laws of Florida to keep you from getting in trouble.

Q: Can I take the class before I turn 21?
A: Yes, just send it in on your 21st birthday.

Q: How much does it cost? And can I get it all at the Show?
A: Yes, you can take advantage of our all inclusive class, photo, notary, livescan fingerprinting for $140.00.

Q: What is live scan and what is the benefit?
A: It is inkless fingerprinting; it cuts your process in to just weeks, instead of months.

Q: What is the fee to the state?
A: If you take the certification with "Southern Classic Gun & Knife Shows" or "Florida Gun Shows", The license fee is $75 for a seven years license when you mail it in.

Q: What form of payment do you accept at the show?
A: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Cash, Florida Personal/Company check with phone#

Q: Is the license recognized in any other state?
A: Yes. We will cover it in the class.

Q: If I'm not a resident of Florida, can I get a concealed weapon permit?
A: Yes.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am driving to Florida Sat There is a large gun show in the middle of March in Miami. They offer this course that will help get me certified then help get you full carry permit as a nonresident. This is what they do for $140. It Sounds like alot but I would not need NRA certification which I would have to do here in Suffolk that would cost $130-$150.
This is what they do...Florida excepts the Certification

Q: What are the times the classes start and how long are they?
A: The classes are held Saturday or Sunday, 11:00AM or 2:00PM and are approximately 2 hours long.

Q: Do you take reservations?
A: No. But you should come at least 30-45 minutes prior.

Q: What do I need to bring to the class?
A: Identification.

Q: What does the class consist of?
A: Basic Firearm Safety, Principles of Marksmanship, Malfunctions with ammunition, all to keep you safe and a broad overview of the laws of Florida to keep you from getting in trouble.

Q: Can I take the class before I turn 21?
A: Yes, just send it in on your 21st birthday.

Q: How much does it cost? And can I get it all at the Show?
A: Yes, you can take advantage of our all inclusive class, photo, notary, livescan fingerprinting for $140.00.

Q: What is live scan and what is the benefit?
A: It is inkless fingerprinting; it cuts your process in to just weeks, instead of months.

Q: What is the fee to the state?
A: If you take the certification with "Southern Classic Gun & Knife Shows" or "Florida Gun Shows", The license fee is $75 for a seven years license when you mail it in.

Q: What form of payment do you accept at the show?
A: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Cash, Florida Personal/Company check with phone#

Q: Is the license recognized in any other state?
A: Yes. We will cover it in the class.

Q: If I'm not a resident of Florida, can I get a concealed weapon permit?
A: Yes.

·
Banned
673 Posts
Florida has a training requirement that you must fulfill and provide proof of when you submit your Florida CWP application....I'm not sure what you are getting at here? :-/

I would generally tend to distrust a class that claims to be for the purpose of "keeping me safe and out of trouble" and has grammatical errors throughout their FAQs...

·
Banned
673 Posts
Florida has a training requirement that you must fulfill and provide proof of when you submit your Florida CWP application....I'm not sure what you are getting at here? :-/

I would generally tend to distrust a class that claims to be for the purpose of "keeping me safe and out of trouble" and has grammatical errors throughout their FAQs...

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
emsjeep said:

Ask ANY NRA instructor. They can certify you. It does not have to be an NRA course, it can be ANY firearm training or safety course given by an NRA instructor. See highlighted section below from the Florida application (http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/FORMS/FormsRequest790.html)

-------

ACCEPTABLE TRAINING DOCUMENTATION
1. A photocopy of a certificate of completion of any of the courses or classes listed below. Do not send your original certificate
because it cannot be returned.
2. A copy of any document which shows completion of the course or class or evidences participation in firearms competition;
3. An affidavit from the instructor, school, club, organization, or group that conducted or taught the course or class attesting
to the completion of the course or class by the applicant below. Be sure to submit the original (notarized) affidavit
but make a copy for your records because it cannot be returned.
• Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation
Commission or a similar agency of another state;
• Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
• Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement,
junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing
instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission,
or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
• Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators,
special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
• Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition
or military service (persons serving in the United States Armed Forces may submit a copy of their Military ID Card;
discharged persons may submit a copy of the DD-214);
• Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or a county or municipality of this state, unless such
license has been revoked for cause;
• Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle
Association-certified firearms instructor.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
emsjeep said:

Ask ANY NRA instructor. They can certify you. It does not have to be an NRA course, it can be ANY firearm training or safety course given by an NRA instructor. See highlighted section below from the Florida application (http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/FORMS/FormsRequest790.html)

-------

ACCEPTABLE TRAINING DOCUMENTATION
1. A photocopy of a certificate of completion of any of the courses or classes listed below. Do not send your original certificate
because it cannot be returned.
2. A copy of any document which shows completion of the course or class or evidences participation in firearms competition;
3. An affidavit from the instructor, school, club, organization, or group that conducted or taught the course or class attesting
to the completion of the course or class by the applicant below. Be sure to submit the original (notarized) affidavit
but make a copy for your records because it cannot be returned.
• Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation
Commission or a similar agency of another state;
• Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
• Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement,
junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing
instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission,
or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
• Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators,
special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
• Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition
or military service (persons serving in the United States Armed Forces may submit a copy of their Military ID Card;
discharged persons may submit a copy of the DD-214);
• Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or a county or municipality of this state, unless such
license has been revoked for cause;
• Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle
Association-certified firearms instructor.

·
1000th member
1,203 Posts
I know a few,that got it with a copy of their NYS hunting license,,and their carry permit...

·
1000th member
1,203 Posts
I know a few,that got it with a copy of their NYS hunting license,,and their carry permit...

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
pm  Jefe M14Bullets... He is an NRA instructor,,, tell him bobtorre sent you.  

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
pm  Jefe M14Bullets... He is an NRA instructor,,, tell him bobtorre sent you.  

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's one more I found at a another Gun Show I will attend March 20 and 21st In West Palm Beach. Slightly cheaper but not with electronic finger prints and Notary. I will most likely take this one I already have a fingerprint card (If they accept it which I will look into first) then the notary I can get at my bank and photo I'll find a place. I hope to save $90 which I could put to buying stuff. ;D ;D

Concealed Weapon Courses:
INSTRUCTED BY IPS
2 Courses taught per day
2 1/2 hours long
$45.00 Course Fee which includes Class and Range Time
(students are required to shoot one round with the instructor at the designated local gun range)
Total Course Fee $60.00 includes:
1. Photograph
2. Fingerprint card
Follow this link for more info on Concealed Weapon or Firearm Licenses ( The link shows they will except these courses)
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html
Course Hours:
Saturday - 10AM OR 2PM
Sunday - 10AM OR 2PM

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's one more I found at a another Gun Show I will attend March 20 and 21st In West Palm Beach. Slightly cheaper but not with electronic finger prints and Notary. I will most likely take this one I already have a fingerprint card (If they accept it which I will look into first) then the notary I can get at my bank and photo I'll find a place. I hope to save $90 which I could put to buying stuff. ;D ;D

Concealed Weapon Courses:
INSTRUCTED BY IPS
2 Courses taught per day
2 1/2 hours long
$45.00 Course Fee which includes Class and Range Time
(students are required to shoot one round with the instructor at the designated local gun range)
Total Course Fee $60.00 includes:
1. Photograph
2. Fingerprint card
Follow this link for more info on Concealed Weapon or Firearm Licenses ( The link shows they will except these courses)
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html
Course Hours:
Saturday - 10AM OR 2PM
Sunday - 10AM OR 2PM

·
1000th member
1,203 Posts
I think this is the last year for the finger print card,,,next it is all electric..

·
1000th member
1,203 Posts
I think this is the last year for the finger print card,,,next it is all electric..

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Took the course for certification in Miami 911 store $60 this included aplication with finger prints , notorized, Photo, range time and Pistol. They walked you threw all the steps while you filled out application. Great store great Class great service! I added a check for $114 sent it out.  Done ;D Also excellent prices on pistols.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Took the course for certification in Miami 911 store $60 this included aplication with finger prints , notorized, Photo, range time and Pistol. They walked you threw all the steps while you filled out application. Great store great Class great service! I added a check for $114 sent it out.  Done ;D Also excellent prices on pistols.

·
Banned
2,674 Posts
Or, you could serve in the military, get a DD214 and FLorida takes that as proof of firearms training.

·
Banned
2,674 Posts
Or, you could serve in the military, get a DD214 and FLorida takes that as proof of firearms training.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts