Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
III%
1,864 Posts
So the ol lady and I walked into the shelter on Saturday to look at animals. Didnt have anything specific we were interested. As we walked passed this little boys cage, he started wagging his tail like crazy and when you went to pet him, he licked you like crazy. Ol lady instantly fell in love. So we left for a few hours, discussed it.. made it about 8 miles down the road and she was dead set. So we went shopping for supplies and then went back. We pick him up tuesday or wednesday. He had to be fixed before they released him.

They say hes 9 months, but I dont see it.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Good luck, you are doing a great thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: IlDuce

·
III%
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all.

Thats what I thought as well. They also said he is weighing 39lbs. Ill check his teeth when he comes home.

They found him tied up to the fence at the shelter one morning. He had some scratches on his muzzle from a scuffle he got into with a bigger dog.

Steve

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
what a cutie pie. Have fun with him. I hope he provides you with many, many years of fun & affection.

Reactions: IlDuce

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Sweet looking pup. Best of luck with him.

·
Lousy Shot
16,177 Posts
And the squirrels in the backyard won't stand a chance!
Squirrels do okay in my yard. About 20 years ago, my first Bernese Mountain Dog, Skyla, discovered a nest of four baby squirrels that got blown out of a tree during a thunder storm. They were scattered in the grass and she was licking them to keep them warm. They were still pink and had no fur. I don't know what became of the mother. I brought them to some woman in West Islip who nurses wildlife.

None of my dogs were THIS tolerant though.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYzO2ouq4rk

·
Premium Member
5,853 Posts
Squirrels do okay in my yard. About 20 years ago, my first Bernese Mountain Dog, Skyla, discovered a nest of four baby squirrels that got blown out of a tree during a thunder storm. They were scattered in the grass and she was licking them to keep them warm. They were still pink and had no fur. I don't know what became of the mother. I brought them to some woman in West Islip who nurses wildlife.

None of my dogs were THIS tolerant though.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYzO2ouq4rk
Those videos crack me up. Snuggles did the same thing to Barney all the time. I miss my little guys

·
Powderfinger
2,473 Posts
Congrats on your new bundle of joy !

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
What a cutie. Best of luck with him. Hope he brings you years of joy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.