Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sharp Shooter!
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have snooping around ebay, checking out rods, and other fishing gear.
I am thinking about going with a Lamiglass. But not sure which one to go with.
It has to be good for casting fair distances from the beach, and tough enough for blues and strikers.
Here are a few I have been looking at.
Any thoughts?

Nazz315430

[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]Lamiglas SSS10MS Super Surf 2G Spinning Rod 10'[/background]

[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]Lamiglas SS12MHC 2 Piece 12'0'' Super Surf Fishing Rod Green 15-50LB 6-16OZ[/background]

[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]Lamiglas 2 Piece 10'8" Surf Fishing Rod 17-40lb 2-6oz Super Surf SS108MHSAC DH[/background]

·
Sharp Shooter!
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on throwing plugs, buck tails and also use for fishing bunker chunks.
What does the ACDH designation means on the pole?
I have been looking all over for it, and can't find it.
I have been targeting this rod.
I think i can get it for $200.

Lamiglas 2 Piece 11'8" Surf Fishing Rod 17-40lb 3-6oz Super Surf SS118MHS ACDH

·
Sharp Shooter!
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked up the Lamiglas 2 Piece 11'8" Surf Fishing Rod 17-40lb 3-6oz Super Surf SS118MHS ACDH
I got it for less the 200 new. It's not a second generation model. But I think a really good rod to have.

·
Sharp Shooter!
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So many toys, so little time. lol

I have a 6, 7, 9, 10, 11'8, 12 foot rods. Most of them Penn, and now the Lamiglass. That was after i sold a bunch of them.

I can always find something else to buy. lol

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
as others have said, if you intend to fish the surf (South Shore) one rod will not be either light enough for lures and bucktails or stiff enough for bait and weight. There are days when the ocean simply laughs at you trying to use just a 5 ounce sinker of any surf style, and sends it right back to you, albeit 50 yards to your east or west. when my buddy insists on using bait (which I hate) we both carry two rods, a ten footer (my Lamiglass 9' Surf King is my usual if the surf reports are under 3') and a twelve for the chunks or clams.
Now seeing that your locale is Oyster Bay, you very well may get by with a ten footer but I will let the others comment on this as I only fish the ocean.

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
11' ugly stick or tsunami sapphire are a cheap and extremely effective way of launching lead and meat out into the surf. Match them with a semi-cheap reel and you can have a perfect meat stick for under $120, freeing up cash for better plug/bucktail setups.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Buddy and I are happy with China-made D-Blue (they have a website) 10' surf rods that we got at HIgh Hook Tackle on New York Avenue in Huntington. Rods were only a little over a hundred.

·
Sharp Shooter!
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the rod today, and i can't wait to get out there and start using it. It not only feels great, but the finish on the rod is like an exotic sports car.
It's an awesome metallic looking green.
It's 2 pieces, but has an incredible balance to it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.