Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
Brought to you by the same people who pioneered $15 minimum wage...I am not surprised. Not even a little bit. I am just afraid of the copy cats. Next it will be San Franciso and LA and than NY.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Hey folks, I live near Seattle and it is indeed a very bad, liberal, anti-gun place, filled with computer geek millenials It was also because of Seattle voters that we got screwed when they outlawed private gun sales. Everything has to go through an FFL now. (Which hasn't been the end or the world, but was another brick out of the wall.)

Be clear, however, the law was passed for only one reason (as the sponsors have said publicly a bunch of times)and that is to drive the gun stores out of the city. Nothing more, nothing less.

And it will. All of them will move, probably not more than a mile or three, to new locations in surrounding towns.

For most of us, it's meaningless. I've got one of the best LGS in the state less than a mile from me and there will be zero impact on them.

And also be clear, the rest of the state -- 90% of the land mass -- is firmly pro gun. It's just liberal Seattle that's goofy.

Finally, the law will be vigorously challenged in court...and probably declared state constitutional. WA state has a constitutional amendment that says no local jurisdiction can pass any gun law stricter than state standards/gun laws. This law fails that test. It will probably get struck down. And the folks who passed it could care less. They made their brownie points to the anti-gun crowd and have no concern it will reduce gun crime, cost the city tens of thousands in lost revenue, or anything, except that they "did" it and that's all they care about....not the law, the people, crime or anything else. (Finally, some of the prime instigators are probably going down in the next election based on what they did with this law. Karma?)

·
Banned
6,224 Posts
"While action at the federal level and in many other jurisdictions remains gridlocked, we are moving ahead to address an issue so damaging to the young people of Seattle, especially young people of color."
What color is he talking about?

·
Banned
17,097 Posts
Hey folks, I live near Seattle and it is indeed a very bad, liberal, anti-gun place, filled with computer geek millenials It was also because of Seattle voters that we got screwed when they outlawed private gun sales. Everything has to go through an FFL now. (Which hasn't been the end or the world, but was another brick out of the wall.)

Be clear, however, the law was passed for only one reason (as the sponsors have said publicly a bunch of times)and that is to drive the gun stores out of the city. Nothing more, nothing less.

And it will. All of them will move, probably not more than a mile or three, to new locations in surrounding towns.

For most of us, it's meaningless. I've got one of the best LGS in the state less than a mile from me and there will be zero impact on them.

And also be clear, the rest of the state -- 90% of the land mass -- is firmly pro gun. It's just liberal Seattle that's goofy.

Finally, the law will be vigorously challenged in court...and probably declared state constitutional. WA state has a constitutional amendment that says no local jurisdiction can pass any gun law stricter than state standards/gun laws. This law fails that test. It will probably get struck down. And the folks who passed it could care less. They made their brownie points to the anti-gun crowd and have no concern it will reduce gun crime, cost the city tens of thousands in lost revenue, or anything, except that they "did" it and that's all they care about....not the law, the people, crime or anything else. (Finally, some of the prime instigators are probably going down in the next election based on what they did with this law. Karma?)
I hope you're right but I'm not so sure.

1. It's a tax, it doesn't restrict sales.
2. The people that passed it were put in office by the same moon bats that like this law.

The only answer to things like this is to move to a place where the moon bats aren't, and keep those decks stacked in our favor.
Sadly though that's even a lost cause. The constant media push, the education system and other factors are going to end our way of life in the long run. It might take a few more decades, but it will happen.

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,979 Posts
"While action at the federal level and in many other jurisdictions remains gridlocked, we are moving ahead to address an issue so damaging to the young people of Seattle, especially young people of color."
What color is he talking about?
Chartreuse? Lavender?

·
III%
2,777 Posts
"Yo Tyrone how many shots yo fire from da car?"
"I dunno man, maybe 30."
"What I tell yo 'bout that? Now we gots to rob mo houses for mo bullets! And i still aint gonna give **** to my baby mamas!"
FIFY

·
Powderfinger
2,473 Posts
" we are moving ahead to address an issue so damaging to the young people of Seattle, especially young people of color.” ..................... Just another Tax and Spend scheme by a bunch of know nothing panty wearing liberals. Liberalism is the issue so damaging to societies youth everywhere, not guns .

·
III%
2,777 Posts
Along the lines of my correction to Mad Russian's post.. it really seems like they are expecting the same!

Liberal #1----"Lets raise the crap out of taxes on guns and ammo!"
Liberal #2---"I like it, but the poor unfortunate people wont be able to afford it"
Liberal #1---"No problem, we'll just add a provision that makes it a crime not to report it when the financially disadvantaged steals their guns and ammo!"
Liberal #2---So what you are saying is ... we'll make the bad guys confiscate all the guns and we'll just sit back and collect the money! And at the same make criminals out of law abiding citizens, so when their guns get stolen they wont be able to buy new ones! You Sir, are definitely getting invited to Bloomberg's for Thanksgiving! "

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.