Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
moved to greener pastures
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Squirrel Whisperer.
How about knocking off increasing their numbers!?

Squirrel breeding is a real job-and apparently a very dangerous one if you're dealing with the wrong kind of squirrel. After the mysterious deaths of three German men who all worked as breeders of variegated squirrels-a kind of squirrel native to Central America that's sometimes kept as an exotic pet-researchers have identified a new virus that had apparently jumped from the squirrels to the men, LiveScience reports.
The men, who were in their 60s and regularly socialized together, died between 2011 and 2013 from inflammation of the brain, and researchers say at least two of them had been scratched or bitten by the squirrels

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/07/09/deadly-new-squirrel-virus-may-have-killed-3-men/

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts
Prediction..... Just like the snakeheads fish... Asian Tiger Mosquito ... European Crane Fly ..this Variegated Squirrel will soon be here.

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
uh oh, I feel a fever coming on but I'm still coming over for dinner tonight Joe.

After that I'm having dessert at Jeff's
If you have a fever there is only one cure!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
Had to look them up... look like our squirrels, but the first one on wiki is friggin RED!!! with a black mohawk no less!!! LOL!!

Natural environment Branch Organism Vegetation Twig

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Best be careful.
Even our local variety have a taste for blood!

Attachments

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Now you made me hungry. Baby squirrel veal.
That's why the farm raised ones are better than wild ones.
They have the folks at those squirrel rescues feed them milk when theey're babies and when they just get big enough " find a home for them" which is a euphemism for WHACK!
Milk fed Squirrel veal. Only way to eat em.

My dog likes the suburban wild ones though.
So do hawks and fox evidently.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.