Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this morning that the temporary AOS store on Sunrise was closed. I stuck my head into the new location on 109 across from Republic. They're still setting some stuff up, but you can see what the store is like.

It's much smaller than the old Rte 110 store was. They're not going to have nearly as much camping stuff, they said.

Everybody was still quite friendly. I had a nice chat with Matt and a couple of customers about the news from Nassau.

BTW, the sale is back on.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Wow hold on here there going to open a range there to.  You have to be [email protected]#g me.  thats f**&ing rad.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I saw the open sign was lit and stopped by myself earlier today.  Looks like they've still got a lot of unpacking to do.  Spoke with one of the guys for a few minutes, mostly to ask about the range.  The bad news is that the new range won't be open for a while yet, possibly close to a year.  They've got a lot of paper work to wade through on that front it seems.  The parking is a little tight but I'm not going to miss that hill at the old 110 location.

·
Registered
120 Posts
They do not have their license to sell pistols. They may have it tuesday. I purchesed a Walther 22 pistol monday before the move.  If they stay as nice and heplful as they have been with me there will be no reason for me to shop anywhere else. Lately I have found that their prices, service, and paitence have been second to none.  Keep up the good work.  also can't wait to seen the range.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I for one am looking forward to the mew AO range.
I did not like the 110 store however they were really nice when they moved to the temp store.
Since we no longer have the huntington range (Yappank may be gone if Browning has her way) anyways, A new facility there would be worth the membership fee.
I spoke with them when they moved and they want to have pistol and rifle lanes as well as some bow lanes in a separate area.

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Ventured in over the weekend. Went with a buddy to check out the store and see if the news about the changes were real. The new digs are clean and really, really empty.
There was one customer at the counter and two employees working. One with the customer and one behind the archery side counter busy with something, but not a customer.
We looked around at everything they had, which took about 5 minutes and then waited for someone to acknowledge our presence for another 5 minutes.
Crickets...............
So we stood there for another couple of minutes until we just started feeling stupid.
And then we went home.
I have high hopes here folks. Especially if and when the range opens.
Maybe we just walked in at an inopportune time.

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
You forgot to de-activate your cloaking device

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I also made a trip there on Sunday, just to check the place out. I was greeted with a friendly attitude. There were a handfull of people shopping. The place is a good size, very well lit, but not completely set up yet.
As of right now they dont have any handguns out.When I asked why, they told me that they are waiting for Suffolk County to inspect the facility and go thru their books. once thats completed, Suffolk will re issue their dealer license, which is required to sell handguns. They will be selling safes also. None there right now. As I said, they are still getting settled in.
TJ

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TJ Ironhorse said:
I also made a trip there on Sunday, just to check the place out. I was greeted with a friendly attitude. There were a handfull of people shopping. The place is a good size, very well lit, but not completely set up yet.
As of right now they dont have any handguns out.When I asked why, they told me that they are waiting for Suffolk County to inspect the facility and go thru their books. once thats completed, Suffolk will re issue their dealer license, which is required to sell handguns. They will be selling safes also. None there right now. As I said, they are still getting settled in.
TJ
Matt and another guy were at Freeport with a tables full of the "dusty lever guns" we've kidded them about in the past. So the place was doubtlessly doubly sparse and this weekend. I hadn't realized that they were open Sundays again.

It was nice chatting with them though.

I was tempted by a couple of .22s they had at the show as a LTR for Appleseed, but passed.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
I don't know. I've dealt with them before and they were fine, but they just quoted me $100 for a transfer (kel tec sub 2k - I see these are hard to come by in NY).

Went to Mark at Hunter Sports who said they could order one but it would take about 30 days. I asked if I got one online could he do a transfer and he said $30 and he'd be more than glad to do it.

·
SUPER STAR
5,508 Posts
I stopped in the "NEWEST" location the other day.....it looked real nice. They are a little light on inventory still but I am sure that will change. The atmosphere is a complete turnaround from the old 110 location.

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Destro said:
I don't know. I've dealt with them before and they were fine, but they just quoted me $100 for a transfer (kel tec sub 2k - I see these are hard to come by in NY).

Went to Mark at Hunter Sports who said they could order one but it would take about 30 days. I asked if I got one online could he do a transfer and he said $30 and he'd be more than glad to do it.
Yes, they seem pricey on transfers, particularly on stuff they can order. When I was in a couple of weeks ago, buying a ocuple of rifles, I'd asked about a transfer for a Mosin and they quoted "about $50". I like AOS quite a bit, but they're not going to be my first choice for transfers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was just there recently about a week ago to buy a new rifle.  It looked empty, but they were still setting up.  I was greeted right away, and I was helped out by Doug.  He was rather patient and answered any questions I had about stuff.  I asked him about the range and when it would be open, he said a few months away yet.  I left there with a new colt AR-15.  all in all...a good experience.

·
Banned
1,494 Posts
CaptainMitchell said:
I'm still sketchy on the NY rifle laws... is this Kosher?
maybe in suffolk it is :-/

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
Destro said:

Don't they realize how much business and good Karma a $20 transfer fee would generate? It's not like they would be giving away a case of ammo.....just 8 minutes of time for a transfer and you can generate a lot of future business and some priceless word of mouth advertising!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.