Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
artburg said:
Stopped in today,nice set up,guys seemed real cool.Nice selection of rifles and handguns for a temporary store. :)
How did you find the staff? During my visit they were quite pleasant, which for AOS was a bit weird. ;)

I'm hoping that this is a permanent change in customer relations.

·
INFIDEL
7,263 Posts
I purchased a ruger lcp from them last year and they were very pleasant to deal with.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Was in there this past Sat.
Nice shop..very friendly staff...decent selection of pistols at decent prices.
Forgot to check prices on ammo..DOH!

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
After dealing with these guys in the past, I swore never to bother going there again. But after hearing some comments about how they changed their attitudes I decided to give them one more try. Talk about a complete 180 in attitude from before. The temporary store they are in may be small, but the friendly attitude they expressed was huge. Someone there must have been reading all the negative posts about them on here in the past. I dealt with Matt, who had such a new and refreshing attitude I couldn't believe I was dealing with the same person. He was always smiling, laughing, and just so outwardly nice it was unbelieveable. He must have talked to me for almost 15 minutes straight just about guns in general. I was looking to get away, instead of the other way around! I can't speak for anyone else there, but if they keep up this great service, they will be on my list of gun stores to visit always. And as far as prices go, I only looked at some pistols. But the prices were the same as all the other gun stores which is better than the overinflated prices of the past. Maybe it's true what they say that your environment influences the kind of person you are. They used to work in a dark, cold, dirty place and all had attitudes. Now, at least temporary, they are in a well lit cozy little store, and their attitudes reflect that. Keep it up guys and you may well set the standard for how a gun store should operate.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Postal Bob said:
After dealing with these guys in the past, I swore never to bother going there again. But after hearing some comments about how they changed their attitudes I decided to give them one more try. Talk about a complete 180 in attitude from before. The temporary store they are in may be small, but the friendly attitude they expressed was huge. Someone there must have been reading all the negative posts about them on here in the past. I dealt with Matt, who had such a new and refreshing attitude I couldn't believe I was dealing with the same person. He was always smiling, laughing, and just so outwardly nice it was unbelieveable. He must have talked to me for almost 15 minutes straight just about guns in general. I was looking to get away, instead of the other way around! I can't speak for anyone else there, but if they keep up this great service, they will be on my list of gun stores to visit always. And as far as prices go, I only looked at some pistols. But the prices were the same as all the other gun stores which is better than the overinflated prices of the past. Maybe it's true what they say that your environment influences the kind of person you are. They used to work in a dark, cold, dirty place and all had attitudes. Now, at least temporary, they are in a well lit cozy little store, and their attitudes reflect that. Keep it up guys and you may well set the standard for how a gun store should operate.
This is what the LIF had in mind when we started (archiquect pls correct me if I am wrong).

Glad to hear that a store took the comments from thsi site and change for the better, this is really good to hear, I guess the guys that reported the wrongs can SAY that they accomplish something.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Jvisconti said:
Any word on the indoor range? Didn't they used to have a bow range too?
I didn't get into asking about the indoor range. But he told me the new building has to be brought up to code for retail zoning. They said the building was zoned industrial, and when you bring the public into it you have to meet certain requirements like more fire alarms and such. They also were told they need to put in additional drains in the parking lot outside based on increasing the size of the original lot. It really sounded like a lot of bureacratic nonsense which is very typical of things here on L.I. They are hoping to move into the new store in a few months they told me. Lets hope for the best.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
IVFLO said:
This is what the LIF had in mind when we started (architect pls correct me if I am wrong).

You hit the nail on the head. Im certain forums like ours contributed to the fresh new attitude of local establishments.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
This is good to hear. I look forward to the day they open a more permanent store and hope the indoor range really happens.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
artburg said:
Can you start a DMV forum because they are the rudest ;D
HAHA!

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Saturday I got a postcard from AOS about them having a sale at the temporary location. Most stuff is "12% off".

I finally stopped dithering and bought a Highpoint 995TSFG (it's the one with the front grip). It was about $237+tax. Given that LISC and SSS had them in stock but for full retail or more on them I'm pleased.

The salesman (I think it was Matt) was very pleasant, although he did try to kid me about not buying the one with the light because the shield that protects the site was already bent. ("What do you want for $250?" "One that ain't already bent, I'll do that myself" <G>)

Oh, one bit of errata, in my post after an earlier visit to this store I said that I didn't recall seeing handguns. They do, however, have some.

I'm not sure how long the sale is on for, but if you're in the area in the near future they're worth checking out.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hi everyone i just joined up but have been reading the forums here for sometime love the site it has great info.

As far as AoS been going there for sometime for me they have been overall nice and informative and i cant wait until the new store opens to.

As we all know alot of gun stores the staff are most of the time pain in the A$$es but there are some great stores to with helpfull staff out there.

Well anyway i am waiting for my NYC license which now is a 10 week wait to get it but i went ahead an ordered the SA XdM-45 at AoS with the 12% off and i am very happy with the overall price..

·
Banned
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jimmy870 said:
Hi everyone i just joined up but have been reading the forums here for sometime love the site it has great info.

As far as AoS been going there for sometime for me they have been overall nice and informative and i cant wait until the new store opens to.

As we all know alot of gun stores the staff are most of the time pain in the A$$es but there are some great stores to with helpfull staff out there.

Well anyway i am waiting for my NYC license which now is a 10 week wait to get it but i went ahead an ordered the SA XdM-45 at AoS with the 12% off and i am very happy with the overall price..
I was there last week and all handgun were 12% off marked prices,pretty good deal since prices were pretty good to start with. :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Great deal i would say !!! LOL The only thing for me is i cant take my pistol home or touch it until i get my permit NYC rules but at least they will keep it safe and sound for me !!! Yuck

Jose and Jim are nice guys at AoS never had any problems what so ever with them ...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.