Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could take years to recover If at all and lets hope it don't tank completely but looks like another major selloff today. My bet is it will be a record selloff day and Dow will dump 800 points today and continue this week. there goes your money say bye bye for now. I have to wonder how the Democrat's will blame this on Republicans and Gun control....Thanks China..watch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Just retired and moved half my portfolio into cash 2 weeks ago. The rest will recover in time, but luckily, I don't need it right now. Not panicking.

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
Corporate buybacks have fueled all this upside, those same companies like Apple step back in and buy back more stock today, they can trigger a complete rally. The economy will still be screwed, but the market is not tied to the economy. It is tied to a handful of giant companies who buy back 100's of millions of dollars worth of their own stock each quarter, driving the price of their stock higher and carrying the market with them.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe they will just lower interest rates to help. Oh that's right can't go any lower then where it is now. 20 trillion in the hole already maybe we can bail companies out again, What's another 10 trillion will just print some money up. I predict Obama will be playing Golf all this week as he will be pushing the Iran Deal.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Maybe there will be some panic selling of firearms to cover losses..................not that I would wish it on anyone....but a deal is a deal!

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
Time to buy stocks, not sell.

This has happened before and will happen again. Why is it every downswing people think it will never recover and every upswing will never end.
the China sell-off has only just begun. There may be some rallies, but I think China is going down, down, down

Reactions: jim357

·
Lousy Shot
16,177 Posts
Time to buy stocks, not sell.

This has happened before and will happen again. Why is it every downswing people think it will never recover and every upswing will never end.
Buying into the teeth of a correction is almost never a good idea. A week from now, ,,, a month from now, ... a year from now ... maybe. This could just be the beginning of a correction or even a bear market.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
the China sell-off has only just begun. There may be some rallies, but I think China is going down, down, down
China will do something because they know if their unemployment zooms the country will be in turmoil and by that I mean riots...This is part of the process of overbought stocks that was based on the theory the world economy was improving,which obviously to those who actually follow the important numbers (inventory, major layoffs,etc) it is not. The question is what will China do with all the American debt that they carry? How will the EU survive as they bailout Greece and possibly other countries on the edge of economic disaster? Of course the US can not stand pat and wait this out.We have millions upon millions of barrels of oil sitting ,waiting for prices to move up ,which won't happen in the near future. I hate to say it but usually it's going to take a major conflict to kickstart this economy...

·
Registered
625 Posts
China will do something because they know if their unemployment zooms the country will be in turmoil and by that I mean riots...This is part of the process of overbought stocks that was based on the theory the world economy was improving,which obviously to those who actually follow the important numbers (inventory, major layoffs,etc) it is not. The question is what will China do with all the American debt that they carry? How will the EU survive as they bailout Greece and possibly other countries on the edge of economic disaster? Of course the US can not stand pat and wait this out.We have millions upon millions of barrels of oil sitting ,waiting for prices to move up ,which won't happen in the near future. I hate to say it but usually it's going to take a major conflict to kickstart this economy...
I feel another couple of ghost cities being built in China's near future..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.