Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Okay, so first off I hate that the article uses the ignorant term "assault rifle" and the concept is a bit tongue and cheek. The Spikes Tactical AR called the "Crusader" (which, Im not sure I like all that much) sports the quote "Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

What are your thoughts on this guys? I mean, I am Roman Catholic and faithful, but I kinda feel like this sends the wrong message about my faith. I can just here the anti's "oh look at those blood thirsty, gun loving, crazy Christians." Not that I care what they say, or think. I just don't think this helps the position of gun rights. Maybe I just don't like the concept of a "Religious War," that is in affect what muslim terrorists rely on for their foundational reasoning. To be honest, I think we are better than that. We could fight the war on terror, while having our faith, and not exploit said faith as a justification. The concept reminds me of gangster rappers in the 90's wearing rosary beads in music videos while talking about "thug life." It's an oxymoron.

Don't get me wrong, if it is that easy to prevent muslim terrorists from using a firearm, simply by inscribing a religious quote/symbol, then why doesn't everyone just put a Cross and/or the Star of David on the receiver of every rifle, and slide of every handgun. In closing, I could care less about offending anyone just because they have a problem with my religion and this country, I am a PROUD AMERICAN. However, I guess I feel like this product makes a mockery of my beliefs. Rant over.

What are your thoughts? I am really interested to know!

Here's the link: http://www.foxnews.c...s/?intcmp=hpbt4

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
What are your thoughts on this guys? I mean, I am Roman Catholic and faithful, but I kinda feel like this sends the wrong message about my faith. I can just here the anti's "oh look at those blood thirsty, gun loving, crazy Christians." Not that I care what they say, or think. I just don't think this helps the position of gun rights. Maybe I just don't like the concept of a "Religious War," that is in affect what muslim terrorists rely on for their foundational reasoning. To be honest, I think we are better than that. We could fight the war on terror, while having our faith, and not exploit said faith as a justification. The concept reminds me of gangster rappers in the 90's wearing rosary beads in music videos while talking about "thug life." It's an oxymoron.

Don't get me wrong, if it is that easy to prevent muslim terrorists from using a firearm, simply by inscribing a religious quote/symbol, then why doesn't everyone just put a Cross and/or the Star of David on the receiver of every rifle, and slide of every handgun. In closing, I could care less about offending anyone just because they have a problem with my religion and this country, I am a PROUD AMERICAN. However, I guess I feel like this product makes a mockery of my beliefs. Rant over.

What are your thoughts? I am really interested to know!
Amen!
With waging a religious war, how are we different than them?

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
They started it and will not end it until we are subjugated or destroyed or they are.
I never said do not fight back. All I said is do not do it in the name of God. We are so much better than that!
It is my choice to rise above the savages who hide behind and do unspeakable atrocities in the name of God.
We do not need to hide behind God when faced with evil. We will prevail.

Reactions: C6NY

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
Amen!
With waging a religious war, how are we different than them?
WE are not waging a religious war. It's a war against a murder cult that teaches that non-muzzies are to be converted, enslaved or killed. They have been actively following these teachings for over 1400 years. This removes ANY excuse on their part. They cannot blame the US, oil, the modern state of Israel or anything else related to the west. They go by many sect names which come and go. ISIS did not exist years ago yet the brutality as per the koran has gone on non-stop. Their brutality and single-minded quest for global rule is not only apparent… they broadcast it on a regular basis. They are morally corrupt and without a trace of human compassion.

That they call themselves a religion is irrelevant. They are harbored and financed by a number of arab nations. These nations are totally responsible for enabling the violence. But westerners, more worried about appearances than survival are too ignorant of history and too blind of the present to see they are gong to die because of semantics. The muzzies hide behind both "it's our religion" and "it's not about islam" and we the victims smile… afraid to be called Crusaders or bigots.

I take great exception to the "how are we different than them?"

They are the antagonist, the initiators….. they started it.
They show no mercy to their captives OR to any non-combatants who disagree with them.
They state outright… "Islam will rule the world" - We have no such designs for domination.
Do I need to post pictures of women with acid burned faces, gays being thrown from buildings or the slaughtered and mutilated bodies of civilians to show how we are different?

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
WE are not waging a religious war. It's a war against a murder cult that teaches that non-muzzies are to be converted, enslaved or killed. They have been actively following these teachings for over 1400 years. This removes ANY excuse on their part. They cannot blame the US, oil, the modern state of Israel or anything else related to the west. They go by many sect names which come and go. ISIS did not exist years ago yet the brutality as per the koran has gone on non-stop. Their brutality and single-minded quest for global rule is not only apparent… they broadcast it on a regular basis. They are morally corrupt and without a trace of human compassion.

That they call themselves a religion is irrelevant. They are harbored and financed by a number of arab nations. These nations are totally responsible for enabling the violence. But westerners, more worried about appearances than survival are too ignorant of history and too blind of the present to see they are gong to die because of semantics. The muzzies hide behind both "it's our religion" and "it's not about islam" and we the victims smile… afraid to be called Crusaders or bigots.

I take great exception to the "how are we different than them?"

They are the antagonist, the initiators….. they started it.
They show no mercy to their captives OR to any non-combatants who disagree with them.
They state outright… "Islam will rule the world" - We have no such designs for domination.
Do I need to post pictures of women with acid burned faces, gays being thrown from buildings or the slaughtered and mutilated bodies of civilians to show how we are different?
Don't get me wrong. I am not saying anything about having mercy or tolerance for these pieces of trash. I am aware who started it, etc. But if you read my post, with the understanding (that I tried to convey, albeit maybe unsuccessfully), I think this product detracts from the situations gravity, by using religion as a marketing effort, and my faith is worth so much more than that. My message is we are very different then them, no matter what our religion, or if a person even has one. IMHO I think Spikes is taking advantage of my faith to sell rifles.

With that aside, there is NO QUESTION THAT JUSTICE WILL BE ACQUIRED ONLY BY USE OF FORCE IN THIS SITUATION. There is NO compassion here for these terrorists, F-them and p*ss on their ashes! But there is neither anything noble about the using God for capitalistic benefits, nor conveying a message that will be misconceived and used against gun rights.

Barnslayer, for the record I do NOT disagree with anything you said!

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I am not saying anything about having mercy or tolerance for these pieces of trash. I am aware who started it, etc. But if you read my post, with the understanding (that I tried to convey, albeit maybe unsuccessfully), I think this product detracts from the situations gravity, by using religion as a marketing effort, and my faith is worth so much more than that. My message is we are very different then them, no matter what our religion, or if a person even has one. IMHO I think Spikes is taking advantage of my faith to sell rifles.

With that aside, there is NO QUESTION THAT JUSTICE WILL BE ACQUIRED ONLY BY USE OF FORCE IN THIS SITUATION. There is NO compassion here for these terrorists, F-them and p*ss on their ashes! But there is neither anything noble about the using God for capitalistic benefits, nor conveying a message that will be misconceived and used against gun rights.
I find the inscription on a firearm no different than wearing a cross, star of David, getting a similar tattoo, moral patches or even the American flag. All these symbols give us a spiritual/emotional lift. None of the aforementioned, with the exception of the American flag are mandatory to our troops. We do not owe our enemy any second thought of hurting their feelings. The rest of us civilians have no such restrictions so do what you like, just don't disgrace our cause by becoming walking memo boards.
Spikes is just doing the same thing as the guy who sells Don't Tread on Me hats. Either you want one or you don't. Personally, I'm more bothered by what an abortion a NYS compliant AR looks like than what might be engraved on the receiver.
BTW: I own t-shirts with scripture on them and a Crusader shield necklace. Somebody got paid for each item.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I find the inscription on a firearm no different than wearing a cross, star of David, getting a similar tattoo, moral patches or even the American flag. All these symbols give us a spiritual/emotional lift. None of the aforementioned, with the exception of the American flag are mandatory to our troops. We do not owe our enemy any second thought of hurting their feelings. The rest of us civilians have no such restrictions so do what you like, just don't disgrace our cause by becoming walking memo boards.
Spikes is just doing the same thing as the guy who sells Don't Tread on Me hats. Either you want one or you don't. Personally, I'm more bothered by what an abortion a NYS compliant AR looks like than what might be engraved on the receiver.
BTW: I own t-shirts with scripture on them and a Crusader shield necklace. Somebody got paid for each item.
" We do not owe our enemy any second thought of hurting their feelings." Again, I agree with you here, and I do not support anything to the contrary.

Also, you are right, if someone wants one or not it's their choice. I know that Spikes has every right to make this rifle, and support that right as well. With regards to your hats and necklaces, rock on, enjoy them, and wear them proudly. But, I disagree with certain derivative aspects of this product's marketing.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
Kinda dumb. ISIS guys touch crosses all the time to crucify infidels.. They'll easily touch this rifle. And the inscription from Psalms is no offense to them as if I recall correctly they accept old and new Testament as prophetic (but not sacred).

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Kinda dumb. ISIS guys touch crosses all the time to crucify infidels.. They'll easily touch this rifle. And the inscription from Psalms is no offense to them as if I recall correctly they accept old and new Testament as prophetic (but not sacred).
I think the "Muslim terrorists will never touch it" spiel is a tongue in cheek way of saying "FU Muslim terrorists, we are not afraid of you, we don't care if we offend you, and we will fight back and defeat you!"

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
I dunno, Muslin terrorists are scary, but it's the Gingham terrorists I worry about, you don't know if they are kidnapping you or throwing a picnic. The Organza terrorists are not so scary, everyone can see what they are up to.
Ahh, the rendering of the fabric of society.......

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts
So you're saying we need to infuse the firearm with pig blood to prevent moslems from touching it? ... cause I'm kool with that.

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.