Long Island Shooters Forum banner

The agenda continues. Rainbow crosswalks.

2K views 29 replies 26 participants last post by  mongo 
#1 ·
Just keep shoving it in our faces, what could possibly go wrong?

Since Robert Sepúlveda Jr. embarked on his mission to convince the city to install the rainbow crosswalks at the intersection of 10th Street and Piedmont Avenue in Midtown, he's faced an uphill battle of red-tape, city bureaucracy, and kill-joys who just don't like colorful crosswalks. However, Sepúlveda's efforts, as well as the efforts of everyone at Atlanta Rainbow Crosswalks, are finally paying off.

The non-profit organization has only one more meeting with the city's Urban Design Commission before the Rainbow Crosswalks project is completely approved. After the crosswalks are completed, the City of Atlanta wants to make them a permanent part of the city's art collection.

"The 10th St. & Piedmont Ave. intersection has long been the epicenter of the LGBT community in Atlanta," Sepúlveda wrote on the Atlanta Rainbow Crosswalks' Facebook page. "These are not just crosswalks, but a symbol of acceptance, unity and tolerance and reminds us all of how diverse our community is. It's a very small gesture with a very large effect and is a clear message that the LGBT community is welcome and safe in this city".

In order to expand the potential reach of this project and it's benefits, Atlanta Rainbow Crosswalks is partnering with Joining Hearts. Also, a Kickstarter campaign will be created to help fund the project. So, if you want to ensure that you will be walking on rainbows in the next year (and let's be honest, who doesn't?), make sure to make a donation.

http://clatl.com/freshloaf/archives/2015/07/28/were-finally-getting-some-rainbows-in-midtown

View attachment 62075

See less See more
#3 ·
My bad, it seems this is already spreading. Seattle already has them.

SEATTLE - Residents and visitors in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood will be walking on a rainbow starting Tuesday in honor of LGBT pride.

On Tuesday morning, Mayor Ed Murray unveiled one of 11 new crosswalks in the historically gay-friendly neighborhood. Murray said the display "says something about Seattle," that it's a city of diverse neighborhoods and character.

The crosswalks are east of Broadway on 10th and 11th Avenues.

The cost of the sidewalks -- about $6,000 each -- is being covered by fees for new private developers on Capitol Hill. They're expected to last three to five years, but the city said it will continue to maintain them.

Seattle Pride Week is Tuesday through Sunday.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/seattle/2015/06/23/seattle-rainbow-crosswalks/29152187/ View attachment 62076

#11 ·
The maintenance on those cross walks might be steep, I can see a lot of anti-rainbow going down on those walks, how long before a known Christian group pickets them and all who walk the path of the rainbow. Nice how a small percentage can be heard when the media is behind them. Will didumbio be making an announcement soon about which corners will be rainbowed ?

#17 ·
That & only that really should be standard. Of course, that should be the standard for any government function, but alas we're in a downward spiral where the intelligentsia is looking to conduct all types of social experiments to undermine effectiveness.

Reactions: Mad Russian
#21 ·
If you're carrying a can of paint, you trip, and the paint opens and spills on it.....is it a hate crime?

#22 ·
In order to expand the potential reach of this project and it's benefits, Atlanta Rainbow Crosswalks is partnering with Joining Hearts. Also, a Kickstarter campaign will be created to help fund the project.
If they're going to privately fund it they can paint it whatever color they want, makes no difference to me. The soles of my shoes won't be offended. As long as this "art" project doesn't get municipal funds I don't care what they do.

#26 ·
You know what will happen...these idiots will eventually start complaining about people walking on these crosswalks because it will be the equivalent of defacing the flag!
"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life here"

Reactions: Mad Russian
#29 ·
I'm betting someone has a wreck and sues, claiming the rainbow on the street was visually confusing.. (It is)

3 million on the low end - 8 if the 'victim' is a sexually screwed up or ethnic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.