Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say "THANK YOU!!!!!!" again to Jonathan, Shawn, Doug, Jon, and the staff @ Campsite as a whole.

After just getting back involved in shooting sports this summer, and introducing my two teenage sons to shooting, I / we have done plenty of shooting and even more research and shopping. Consistently, the staff at Campsite has been the most helpful, professional, generous with their time and sharing information (especially on visits where I didn't buy anything, but just had questions or a need for knowledge). After getting around to most of the shops that are frequently referenced here on the forums, I can confidently say it has been my experience that the staff at Campsite will consistently provide the most professional and customer oriented experience for me, and I would fully expect anyone else would find the same, no matter your level of firearms experience. Shawn, Jonathan and Doug have all been extremely helpful with sharing information with me on various guns, absent of any kind "sales pitch".

Thanks again, guys!

Best,

Frank

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
I just went there today for the first time at the recomendation of a friend.  I read good things about Campsite on this forum and I was not disappointed at all.  I didn't buy anything, I was just checking it out, but I will certainly be doing business there in the future.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Campsite is a great store with an even better staff.  I just bought a hunting gun from them and the experience was great.   I dealt with both Jon and Shawn; thanks guys for your help.   I will patronize your store whenever I can.   Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
+1 for campsite, you cannot and will not go wrong there.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking forward to taking my new RRA Entry Tactical to the range today for the first time. Jonathan, Shawn and Doug were all extremely helpful over my research period, willing to share their personal experiences and opinions as AR owners / shooters, not just firearm retail professionals. I am confident I will enjoy my new addition for a long time to come, and I truly appreciate the customer oriented approach from the entire staff @ Campsite. Nice as you walk out of shop and back to your car that no matter what you did or did not buy, you leave with a positive feeling knowing the time you just spent in the shop was time well spent (not to mention when you get what you feel is a fair price for what you want / need that your $$$ was well spent!).

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
They rule! I have to go there today and pick up a rifle I bought last week and I know for a fact that I will be leaving with more than I walked in for. Shawn and Doug kick ass. Many people do not know this, but Doug runs a Deer Finder service, he will go out and track down your wounded deer, he has a VERY well trained dog. Doug is on vacation right now, and Shawn is going on vacation soon. That is one problem with hunting stores, all the help wants to leave at the same time to go hunting. They are open until 9 this time of year, which really helps when people are not getting off the LIE until 6-7 PM.

Hey guys, Christmas is coming, and every Christmas Eve Campsite throws a party, looking forward to seeing some of you at least!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
jarheadsergeant said:
I've been buying stuff there for 16 years, the only store I will do business with.
Here here! Conveniently located in the middle of a Dunkin Donuts, a deli, Taco Bell/Pizza Hut, and the liquor store! What more could you need?

·
Registered
69 Posts
There has never been a time when Campsite has not met or exceeded my expectations. Everyone there has a lot of integrity and I believe that it starts with the proprietors and is then practiced by all of the staff.

It's refreshing to see in this day and age. Customer service is where it's at and these folks know how to deliver on it.

I too, am a happy customer; me, since the early 80's.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I just left there now. went in for a Mosin Nagant, came out with it, and a Savage 22/.410 over/under. Thanks again Campsite!

(And I bought popcorn from the Boy Scouts outside)

·
APPLESEED RIFLEMAN NRA LIFE-ENDOWMENT MEMBER
3,076 Posts
I bought my first rifle from them, an AR-15.  They had the patience to listen to all my questions and provided me with much needed guidance.  I was there three or four times without buying anything and they never were short or nasty with me because "I was only shopping".  Their prices are very much in line with the .com places and much less than other area stores.  Not only do they have my business, but they have my respect as well.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Starman said:
I bought my first rifle from them, an AR-15. They had the patience to listen to all my questions and provided me with much needed guidance. I was there three or four times without buying anything and they never were short or nasty with me because "I was only shopping". Their prices are very much in line with the .com places and much less than other area stores. Not only do they have my business, but they have my respect as well.
Jonathan and Doug are the AR masters. I got my AR from them too, funny story. Someone bought a new AR, and promptly blew it up with hot loaded ammo, Campsite sent it back in to Bushmaster, who in turn sent out a whole new rifle instead of a repair. The guy did not want it , and put it on consignment. Since it was bought, returned, and new rifle sent back, it had to go listed as "Used".

Along comes me, and presto, a never been fired, new in the box Bushmaster for "used" price!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Great place! I went on Sunday to check it out. Nice selection of firearms not to mention the complete lack of typical pompas gun store egos prices were average or better . Saw a nice Bushmaster carbine with standard a2 stock there for mid $900s I thought that was great considering Bensons and that guy at Guns and ammo would deffinately charge well over a thousand for the same thing.  will do buissness there in the future. GREAT PLACE!  :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jon's staff @ Campsite are consummately professional and welcoming to all customers, returning or new with a willingness to answer questions and share insights / perspectives independent of sales bias. My numerous positive experiences @ Campsite, and complete satisfaction with my purchases and any / all follow ups that have resulted will keep me stopping in at Campsite going forward, whether to shop, pick up ammo, or just to say hello and catch up. Yes, it may sound trite, but the Campsite Staff makes you feel WELCOME. Interesting concept, no? I think so.

BTW - I am tremendously pleased with my most recent addition from Campsite. RRA Entry Tactical (.223, 16" CM bll, A2 Buttstock, Hogue pistol grip). Have had it out to the range twice now, and have gotten connected with this weapon (NICE). Jonathan, Shawn, Doug were all very helpful through my decision making process leading up to my purchase, and I really appreciated there insights and opinions - as the outcome seems to be very satisfying.

I may surf the web, check GB, classifieds, and shop all the local shops. When it comes time to lay the $ down, I feel confident I will always do well to give the first look and last look to Campsite. You do get what you pay for - that is an absolute. But when you can get quality AND courtesy AND service - well, I think this is where Value is Added and for me, I want the greatest VALUE for my investments, and so far, Campsite is consistent in delivering value to this customer, and I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Campsite all the WAY!

Going hunting with Shawn this weekend to the ADK's.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
I guess I should jump on the bandwagon in praise of Camp Site. A friend recommended I check them out and I spent several visits handling stuff before buying anything. Shawn helped me most of the time, but Jon eventually wrote up an order as well. The prices are reasonable, but more important is the personal attention. They answered all my newbie questions without making me feel like a newbie! So far I've picked up a Ruger Mark III, Savage MK II BTVLSS - that's the leftie version, and a Mossberg 500 super bantam. It's hard not to spend $ there! The day I picked up the Savage, I told Shawn that I was researching for something in 9mm. He would have let me try on his entire stock, but I had to get home. I really appreciate that he was willing to take the time and make the effort.

On another note - and I know there's another thread for this, but LISC charged me 20 bucks for a box of CCI Mini Mags (like an idiot, I brought the guns but forgot the ammo!) (I think I paid 7.50 at Suffolk Sportsman for the same 100 rounds.)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've been going to Campsite since the 1970's - when Joe Redmond was there.  I've recently started shooting again and Shawn and Doug have both been very helpful.  My youngest son started shooting last year and I introduced him to the "campsite", where he bought his first shotgun.  They're an institution in Huntington.

·
Registered
795 Posts
+1 For campsite.  I stopped in just to see what the store was like even though its about a 20-30 minutes drive from me.  My best friend lives down the block from them so figured id stop in on my way to see him.  Was completely blown away by there customer service.  Even though they were a little busy at the time Shawn asked if he could help me with anything.  He was very helpful and showed me many different compact firearms that I was looking for.  I felt so good about it that I returned the next day and bought a S&W 438 bodyguard from them.  Shawn didn't help me the next day but a younger guy did and he was just as nice and helpful.  Even though its not as close as the other guys I will use them exclusively from now on.  Even the atmosphere in there was great with customers hanging around to chat and just soaking up all the info.  I would say they are one of the best if not the best on long island.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
BadKarma said:
+1 For campsite. I stopped in just to see what the store was like even though its about a 20-30 minutes drive from me. My best friend lives down the block from them so figured id stop in on my way to see him. Was completely blown away by there customer service. Even though they were a little busy at the time Shawn asked if he could help me with anything. He was very helpful and showed me many different compact firearms that I was looking for. I felt so good about it that I returned the next day and bought a S&W 438 bodyguard from them. Shawn didn't help me the next day but a younger guy did and he was just as nice and helpful. Even though its not as close as the other guys I will use them exclusively from now on. Even the atmosphere in there was great with customers hanging around to chat and just soaking up all the info. I would say they are one of the best if not the best on long island.
Shawn is a great guy, very knowledgeable of handguns and military hardware.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.