Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to thank the guys at South shore sports who took the time today to give me advice and show me a few glocks and .22 pistols.  Even though I am still a few weeks away from getting my permit for my wife and I, the guys demonstrated the guns to me and treated me as a customer not an inconvenience (which had been my experience in another store - to remain nameless) While I was unable to handle the pistols (and rightfully so) they still took the time to show me the different pistols available and make some great suggestions. I can't wait to come back in a few weeks and purchase those three pistols...which is the best way I know to really say thanks.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Cool!

May I ask, how did you learn about South Shore Sportsman?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read all of the positive reviews on this forum :) and then headed out to Nassau to see for myself.  I have really learned a lot in the short time I have been reading these threads. I haven't posted much but I have read everything I can.

·
Moved to Texas!!
2,260 Posts
Welcome Frank. So which three did you decide on for your first handguns? You know there will be three more after these....  ;D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I decided on a glock 17 for my wife a glock 19 for myself and a Browning .22 - and if I am lucky I will pick up a Hi- Point 9 mm rifle while I am there too...I will tell the wife it was a "great bundle deal" LOL

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Good to hear!

Be sure to let them know you hear about them here. ;)

·
Lousy Shot
16,249 Posts
Almost unheard of. Most places will laugh at you (at best) or tell you to GTFO if you inquire about a pistol without putting your license on the counter first.

Well, excuse the hell out of me for being born in a State with one of the dumbest anti-gun laws in the country.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.