Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first AR-15 from DSI last week. I was extremely happy with my purchase. I ordered the DS-15 "4th of July special" on the DSI website. Although the deal was long over it happened to be listed and my order went through without any issues. The next day I got a call from Dark Storm, and they informed me that the particular rifle was not in stock with the OD green furniture. They gave me quite a few options, which included $100 off any of their rifles. However, I chose to get the same rifle but in FDE. They custom built the gun for me in just one day.
The guys at DSI go above and beyond with their customer service. I don't know many stores that will go that far to make their customers happy. When I stepped into the shop for pickup I noticed the atmosphere was different as well. I felt welcome as soon as I entered. Everyone was very friendly and helpful during my time there. I was able to browse their awesome selection of guns and accessories and bought 600 rounds of 5.56 while I was at it. They really want you to be happy with your purchases when you walk out the door. the guys at Dark Storm are always working on new projects and their social media presence is awesome. I hear that there will be a new store branch opening closer to where I live which is a wonderful thing. I wish these guys great success in their future endeavors.Thanks again Dark Storm!

Pictured below is the DS-15 in FDE with a 10-round fixed magazine
The FDE Magpul MBUS sights were bought at Camp-Site Sports Shop (Those guys are awesome too!)

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
If they are opening up a shop in West Hempstead that'll be trouble for me.... Although, I would be in less trouble with my wife cause I can run "errands" quicker and stop "taking too long at BJ's wholesale warehouse"....

Nice rifle btw. I do love that atmosphere at their store thats unlike any other LGS I've been to.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If they are opening up a shop in West Hempstead that'll be trouble for me.... Although, I would be in less trouble with my wife cause I can run "errands" quicker and stop "taking too long at BJ's wholesale warehouse"....

Nice rifle btw. I do love that atmosphere at their store thats unlike any other LGS I've been to.
Thank you. Also, they said they were opening a place on Sunrise Highway, so its just generally closer to where I am. Unfortunately not in West Hempstead. Although that would be even better for me, haha. I think they will do well on Sunrise but I'm not sure how happy LI Outdoorsman and Southshore Sportsman will be about it.

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
I always appreciate the innovativeness of private industry. Well done!

Reactions: Don Wick

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
It did very well, I was very happy with how the rifle was shooting. It was hitting a bit left but I adjusted the sight and it was nailing the target each time after that. Only went through about 150 rounds.

Thank you. Also, they said they were opening a place on Sunrise Highway, so its just generally closer to where I am. Unfortunately not in West Hempstead. Although that would be even better for me, haha. I think they will do well on Sunrise but I'm not sure how happy LI Outdoorsman and Southshore Sportsman will be about it.
If its close to Southshore sportsman, still closer than where they are now...LOL thats only 10 minutes from me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.