1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Just got our tickets for Buddy Guy at Westbury in Oct. was thinking about picking up a pair for the Motor City Madman but decided against it as we have a lot of stuff coming up the next 6 months. Saw him back in the late 70's at the coliseum and it was a great show. At these prices I might have to pick up a pair and see Ole Uncle Ted again. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Walker1847
12,106 Posts
$20 price is General Admission Standing Room only.....

·
Registered
11,571 Posts
Nice find! I'll be there! front row sec. G.... NRA hat & shirt of course!

Who else???

·
8,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure why^ or if its just me, the seats I click are 50% off. $20 + 9.

Have you tried to purchase?

·
Registered
11,571 Posts
No standing room at Westbury... all seating - and all seating is pretty good.

...and notice my previous post - FRONT ROW for $20 ($9 'service charge')

Right now there's a few single seats in A, B, some groups of seats in C,D, Lots open in F,G which is kinda on the side, but it's a rolling stage...

·
Registered
11,571 Posts
...more than 50% off too... $52 without the discount!!

·
Walker1847
12,106 Posts
Not sure why^ or if its just me, the seats I click are 50% off. $20 + 9.

Have you tried to purchase?
I did awhile ago....came up standing room for some reason....gotta look again...

·
8,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did awhile ago....came up standing room for some reason....gotta look again...
You bought too soon. Its a Live Nation promo they emailed out this afternoon.

·
Walker1847
12,106 Posts
You bought too soon. Its a Live Nation promo they emailed out this afternoon.
Can't get a "buy tickets" page to load....is there a different link?
Just got a message..."Our ticketing system is currently unavailable due to routine maintenance. Please check back at a later time.".....
I guess that explains it.

·
Walker1847
12,106 Posts
Finally....picked up 5 tickets this morning.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Just tried to use the discount link in the OP. It let me pick tix, type in all my CC info and all the other stuff they ask and at the end wouldnt accept it. Tried several times. After getting frustrated I called ticketmaster, westbury and live nation and they had no info on the $20 tix saying the prices for tickets havent been lowered and showing original prices. Really frustrated now, tried again talking to live nation and was on the phone at least 20 minutes with the guy(very helpful) and seemed to figure out that the link is a email link with a long number in the link is a special code to get the discount but apparently its not valid anymore. Past frustration now and banging head against desk! Anyone else try the link?

·
Walker1847
12,106 Posts
Just tried to use the discount link in the OP. It let me pick tix, type in all my CC info and all the other stuff they ask and at the end wouldnt accept it. Tried several times. After getting frustrated I called ticketmaster, westbury and live nation and they had no info on the $20 tix saying the prices for tickets havent been lowered and showing original prices. Really frustrated now, tried again talking to live nation and was on the phone at least 20 minutes with the guy(very helpful) and seemed to figure out that the link is a email link with a long number in the link is a special code to get the discount but apparently its not valid anymore. Past frustration now and banging head against desk! Anyone else try the link?
i got 5 tix this morning about 8:15 AM...Just clicked OP link and got the discount tickets page right now. Make sure you turn off Active X Filtering and Tracking if using IE as your browser....
Same thing happened to me this morning a couple of times - page wasn't registering CC security code for some reason. Finally got it to work.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
i got 5 tix this morning about 8:15 AM...Just clicked OP link and got the discount tickets page right now. Make sure you turn off Active X Filtering and Tracking if using IE as your browser....
Same thing happened to me this morning a couple of times - page wasn't registering CC security code for some reason. Finally got it to work.
Thanks. I have to wait for the wife to get home to do it. I have no idea how do do what you said and Im fighting the urge to put a slug through this damn black magic machine! I'll tell her what you said to do.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Got em. Wife was able to do it first try. $60 for 2 decent tix. Would have had better ones if I could have got it to work earlier but that's ok, at this price it's a win/win. Never heard of the opening act and was going to show up just for Ted but on a whim I looked her up. I might be there early for her set! Wow!

·
Walker1847
12,106 Posts
Got em. Wife was able to do it first try. $60 for 2 decent tix. Would have had better ones if I could have got it to work earlier but that's ok, at this price it's a win/win. Never heard of the opening act and was going to show up just for Ted but on a whim I looked her up. I might be there early for her set! Wow!
Laura Wilde looks pretty decent....fun night of rock guitar

1 - 20 of 21 Posts