Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI to our members -

This recall involves nine different models of Taurus pistols six of them Milleniums.
If you have one, you can file a claim to get it fixed or get a refund starting in October.
Judy Price, a gun owner, said she knows all about them - how to handle them safely and she even speaks to people taking concealed carry classes.
Price says no amount of gun knowledge could have saved her from what happened in 2009.
Her concealed carry holster fell to the floor as she was undressing, then her Taurus pistol went off with a bullet going through her groin, through her stomach, and into her liver.
"I laid down on the floor, I looked up into his eyes and I said, 'Paul, I'm going to die tonight. But I love you,'" Price said.
Incredibly she didn't die that night, although for about nine days it was touch and go, she said.
Price lived to start her crusade against the gun that shot her, and she filed a lawsuit against Taurus and settled in 2011.
Since this incident all she and her attorney could do was watch as more and more people got injured, she said.
Todd Wheeles, an Alabama Attorney, says he knows of at least 8 people injured by their Taurus guns, one of them was fatal.
"There's more that I found out about every day," Wheeles said.
Wheeles and another Alabama attroney have been working for years to get a class action lawsuit against Taurus over nine different models of its guns.
This week it happened, 966,000 guns all across the country recalled.
"It is a vindication for us that we were right, that these guns were defective," Wheeles said.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3867539.shtml

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts
Maybe it's a design thing ..maybe not ... If the "firing when dropped" condition is repeatable ...i would be swayed ....
But other than that ......Here's my take .... A firearm should be held secure.. that's the owners responsibility.... Any service member or veteran knows what happens if you drop your rifle ..and... I don't like the phrase ..When the firearm shot her..... at most the gun discharged ..and the bullet happened to strike her... that firearm has no culpability or knowledge of forethought .... Also what's with the giving up the will to live? .. you get shot and just say, OK i'm dead ....go ahead and divide up my gear " .... While I applaud the use and do encourage CCW....... I say ..if you are preparing for trouble ..don't be surprised when it comes ... both physically and mentally .... maybe not a "warrior mindset" .... but at least not a "throw in the towel at the first sign of adversity" attitude

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
Dam I wanted a Curve.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,875 Posts
Guns fall, these things happen. I agree with the above statement. A modern gun should not fire when dropped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.