Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Still working on a screen name
6,619 Posts
Poster child for the $15.00/hr movement.

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
At a local Chipotle, watched a worked grab a disgusting rag out of a bucket of brownish water to wipe the counter.... and then went back to preparing food - WITHOUT changing her gloves.

I got loud, got a manager involved, reminded her that the gloves were to protect the CUSTOMERS not her... made sure everyone knew that it was wipe the counter something CLEAN then remove the gloves, WASH the hands and then put on new gloves.

Yeah... $15 an hour... "Derp"

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
Right- that NEVER happened when they were making $6.50/hr.

You guys can politicize everything.
Yep... and they weren't worth $6.50 an hour either.

·
Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,586 Posts
A perfect example of why I will not eat in restaurants . For every one incident caught there are likely a hundred that go unseen.

Years ago I was in Taco Bell in Shirley and had just ordered, I was watching the workers assemble my food when one of them sneezed right in her hand and kept going,I called the mgr over and started a rumble.

In a Chinese take out place a cook on the line did the same thing, communication was harder but I ended up with money back,and many evil eye looks.

·
Banned
19,459 Posts
Yep... and they weren't worth $6.50 an hour either.
Well, maybe you should eat in better places?
I mean, everybody on here seems to hate "big Government", that's be the FDA, Public Health agencies, etc. And there's a limit to how much policing any place can do of their own employees. That leaves selecting a place to eat there the employees actually care enough to practice proper hygeine themselves. And that might rule out the cheapest places to eat- at least the big chains. AFAIK Taco Bell is the bottom of the proverbial barrel- I would not choose to eat there under normal conditions. If that were my only choice, I'd probably pack my own lunch.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
"we are not sure if it was...a nervous habit...or...poor placement of his hands..."

"yeah...uhhhh...when the soda machine stops working right, I get nervous...and start digging in my pants...I meant to dig in the front, but I confuse front and back and left and right."

·
Premium Member
665 Posts

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
Well, maybe you should eat in better places?
I mean, everybody on here seems to hate "big Government", that's be the FDA, Public Health agencies, etc. And there's a limit to how much policing any place can do of their own employees. That leaves selecting a place to eat there the employees actually care enough to practice proper hygeine themselves. And that might rule out the cheapest places to eat- at least the big chains. AFAIK Taco Bell is the bottom of the proverbial barrel- I would not choose to eat there under normal conditions. If that were my only choice, I'd probably pack my own lunch.
Got nothing to do with "better" places - it's the fault of poor management. You can't go anywhere anymore and get proper change unless the machine tells them what to give you. (management never trained them how to give change) You hear "can I help who's next?" which is a nitpick of mine - you sound like an idiot, ask "Can I help the next person" or ask "Who's next?" don't jam the two together - it just makes one sound dumb. (Management never trained them in the proper greetings etc. - many chains have a script they're supposed to follow) workplace hygiene must be trained - a lot of people live in crapholes where you could climb the wall like a spider from the sticky grime they've never cleaned. (again, a management failure)

Getting them to care?j maybe you can't - but management CAN terminate them and hire someone else who will care.

And another thing about "better places" many people at home don't have great hygiene when it comes to food either... I won't eat at my sister-in-laws- I'm amazed no one has been hospitalized yet. (leaves chicken on the counter for hours for one...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.