Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Me
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I stayed out of the previous threads......

PLEASE DO NOT POST NEGATIVE COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD. Thank you for respecting my thread.

I have been stopping by for years and never ever had a bad experience at T&T. Today I purchased a gun there and it was one of the most pleasurable experiences I had. Marty is a alright guy in my book.

If you are hesitant to go there because of what you read here, I say go and make up your own mind. You might be surprised.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would have to agree with you.  I've gone there for years and have found that lately they have been especially good to deal with.  If you've never been there this would be a good time give them a try.

·
airbrushart
5,514 Posts
I do believe Hank left, I saw him about 2 weeks ago going into Hunters Essentials in Albertson he went in to talk with Bruce.

·
Registered
227 Posts
With Hank not being at T & T any longer theres no reason for me to go there, he was the most knowledgable salesperson there who would often advise buyers to go with a less expensive gun if he felt it was better suited for them or a better value. He clearly went out of his way to make all his customers happy, I cant say I beleive anyone else would do the same there.

Thats just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
but....
"With Hank not being at T & T any longer theres no reason for me to go there, he was the most knowledgable salesperson there who would often advise buyers to go with a less expensive gun if he felt it was better suited for them or a better value. He clearly went out of his way to make all his customers happy"

sorry for my petit larceny, but I believe this fits the bill and is exactly how I also feel !

·
Premium Member
6,119 Posts
So the thread is a "post only good things" thread? Where's the value in that? I have serious issues with action of some of the employees there, in particular Marty. Things he did didn't put him at risk as he, as an FFL is exempt from the laws, but put you at risk. To back a guy perfectly willing to screw gun owners to make a buck is unconscionable. They'll never se another sime of my money there. SSS is where it's at.

·
Me
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sherm66, I have learned many things in my life, one is always treat each person you meet or deal with, with no pre-conceived notions and make judgement for yourself. I never got screwed in his store, I was always treated with respect and I have a conscience.

·
Husband, Father, Chef, Gun Guy
1,359 Posts
morphix said:
I saw Hank at the SSS fundraiser at the comedy club last month
I think Hanks father, Stan works for them now...I saw him in there talking to a customer a few months back.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
PaulyFu223 said:
I think Hanks father, Stan works for them now...I saw him in there talking to a customer a few months back.
For me, I used to go to TT, always a great experience, I attributed it to Stan, then I heard about SSS and tried them out, tried out a few other locals. But I was torn between my next purchase , was it going to be from Stan at tt or mike at SSS. But now that Stan has moved to SSS, the decision was easy, two pistols later, need I say more :)

·
Premium Member
6,119 Posts
Hunter said:
sherm66, I have learned many things in my life, one is always treat each person you meet or deal with, with no pre-conceived notions and make judgement for yourself. I never got screwed in his store, I was always treated with respect and I have a conscience.
If you were addressing someone in your post who'd never been there I'd agree with you. I think there's nothing worse than someone spouting off about some place they've never been or regurgitating some third party rumor mill fodder they heard on teh interwebz. So if we were talking about my neighbor from down my street I'd agree with you. Maybe you never met him. And what I say could certainly taint one's opinion of him. I could be way off base about my neighbor and it'd probably be a bit unfair for me to fill your head with my opinion of him. Conversely, are you saying I should approach someone like Carolyn McCarthy with no preconceived notions? I know her ilk. I know her intent wen it comes to my guns, my 2A rights and my freedoms. I don't need to meet her to earn the right to opine.

I first went to TnT in 1993 with no preconceived notions. I've shopped there. Along with Burns Bros when they were in Amityville(and their more easterly locales), Edlemann's, Benson's, Tent and Trailer City in Hempstead, American Outdoors, MBI in Mineola, Liberty Arms in Levittown, Coliseum Gun Traders, SSS, Guns and Ammo, TnT Tactical, LRB just to name a few. I have numerous friends that shoot and work in the firearms business. So my opinion regarding TnT is what I've seen with my own eyes, or through shared information with friends, co-workers, LE contacts and acquaintances. I haven't been screwed their either because I never let them. I did my homework on my firearms purchases and shopped around for the best deals. What I'm saying isn't just one gun enthusiasts opinion. It's common knowledge amongst the gun community on LI. Hence, you'll find more detractors than praisers on the net.

It's good to hear you have a conscience. I do too. And when I see someone that operates a business without one, you better bet I'll open my mouth and warn others as I have vociferously over the last several years. When the quest for the buck takes priority over the sanctity and legal well being of the customer it's wrong. I've turned several friends away before the raids as I and a good many other knew what was going on there for quite some time.

This has nothing to do with the school yard axiom of "If you don't have anything ice to say..." This has to do with knowing the shop's M.O., their past practices and business dealings. So someone went in and had a nice experience. That's all well and good. Maybe they've turned over a new leaf. Maybe getting their a55es dragged through the mud woke them up. You could walk in there and get 'tude from someone behind the counter prior to the raids. The list of gripes is well established and easily located on the web. Maybe it's a new era there. Regardless, what I know precludes me from ever stepping foot in there again.

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
I've had one experience with T&T. I went in to the NHP storefront on my way home from work one day because I was looking for a specific .22 (Armi Jager AP if anyone's interested). I tried calling but the number seemed to have been disconnected (this was several years ago mind you, so yeah, I was a bit younger, but still)

I went in, browsed around for a minute, then asked one of the fellows behind the counter if they had any Armi Jagers, noting that I knew it was an obscure Italian company, I had saw a few of them on Armslist, so they were definitely imported to the US at one point. I was told that no such company, nor rifle exists, and he just went back to what he was doing.

I thought that was a little rude, and walked right out. I was treated similarly when I was looking to make my first rifle purchase when I was 18 at Dicks. One of the older guys basically wrote me off because I was asking too many questions. I went down the road to Sports Authority and spoke to Artie (who is no longer there unfortunately) for literally like an hour before he agreed to pull a 10/22 from the next stock and set it aside for me.

Not mine, but my uncle told me a story one time about how he was in there and a middle aged woman was handling some of the pistols, looking to find something for self defense. They gave her a full size .45, not sure what exactly, and she was having trouble with the slide. One of the gentleman who worked there instructed her to jam it into her stomach, lean over it, and use her leverage to cock it back.

Needless to say my uncle jumped in with "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR *BLEEPING* MINDS" and gave whoever it was an earful before explaining to the woman the proper way to handle firearms and the 4 rules.

I'm not really impressed, though I wished them well when the whole Rice "assault weapons" witchhunt came through, but that is a whole 'nother story.

·
Registered
191 Posts
winston said:
I made my first purchase at T&T in Seaford, all in all a nice experience.
same here S&W m&p 15OR... gave me a pretty good deal too.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.