Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right section, but I did not see a lot of activity in the license and law section, so I said ill take a try here with my question. I really want to purchase a sw m&p 22c hand gun but I can not find it anywhere locally in Nassau county. I found one place online but the FLL told me he's not sure if the gun would be transferable because the barrel is considered "threaded", but the barrel only allows you to add the adapter that makes it threaded. My question is does anyone is Nassau county own this firearm? and how recently have you purchased?

I am a left handed shooter who recently broke my wrist so I would really like this gun to shoot because of the low recoil. I can't find any other left handed compact 22 caliber hand guns :cry:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Well, Im gonna go with no on this gun in Nassau, because the barrel is considered threaded
At least S&W states that on their web site.
I want this gun as badly as you do, but no one online seems willing to ship it here. I also dont know if any local ffl will receive it, even if you get an online retailer to send one.
The barrel has a removable cap that can be taken off with a wrench, exposing threads. Which in turn can accept the adapter for a suppressor . I believe that is in direct violation of the BS UnSafe act. Bear in mind, law enforcement is exempt from this crap I think.
Anyone who can show otherwise, please let us both know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, Im gonna go with no on this gun in Nassau, because the barrel is considered threaded
At least S&W states that on their web site.
I want this gun as badly as you do, but no one online seems willing to ship it here. I also dont know if any local ffl will receive it, even if you get an online retailer to send one.
The barrel has a removable cap that can be taken off with a wrench, exposing threads. Which in turn can accept the adapter for a suppressor . I believe that is in direct violation of the BS UnSafe act. Bear in mind, law enforcement is exempt from this crap I think.
Anyone who can show otherwise, please let us both know
I found a dealer to ship it to NY! But Long Island outdoorsman is unsure if it would be transferable and said I’ll still have to pay the transfer fee and shipping fee to send it back if it’s not possible. I see people on smith and Wesson forums claiming they were able to get it passed in Nassau. I was hoping to see if anyone over on this forum was this lucky

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
If you get an armor to weld the cap that covers the thread it then becomes NY compliant as long as the cap cannot be removed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you get an armor to weld the cap that covers the thread it then becomes NY compliant as long as the cap cannot be removed.
Do you know anyone with this pistol that was able to do it this way?

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
I did hear that SCPD didn’t let a guy put that on his license. He purchased it from a gun shop upstate. Threaded barrels aren’t allowed on semi automatic pistols.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
No I do not know anyone- it was my reading of the law and did some research when I was looking to buy a TX22 (which are hard to find without a threaded barrel). I eventually ended up getting the Glock 44 and stopped looking for a place to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts