1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Still working on a screen name
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nassau cops: Suspect scratches 30 vehicles on Massapequa street

Updated July 31, 2015 6:30 AM
By MAXWELL RADWIN AND NICOLE FULLER [email protected]

1 Reprints -

Nassau police said they are looking for the person who vandalized 30 vehicles on a Massapequa street early Wednesday, July 29, 2015. Photo Credit: NCP

Nassau police said they are looking for the person who vandalized 30 vehicles on a Massapequa street early Wednesday.

The 30 cars were scratched along their sides and some had x's drawn onto their hoods by a person who was caught on a Cameo Drive resident's video surveillance about 2:45 a.m., police said.

The male suspect scratched vehicles owned by 17 people, said Insp. Kenneth Lack, a police spokesman.

DATA
LI crime stats
MAP
LI crime and police reports

"It looked like . . . [the suspect] did it as he walked along the driver's side of the vehicles," he said.
"We don't know what the motivation was," Lack said when asked about a possible reason for the vandalism.

Dawn Denicola, 47, who has lived in the neighborhood for 18 years, said she had four of her five cars damaged Wednesday. A scratch all the way down one side of her Ford Explorer led to an x carved into the hood.

"They gouged it," she said, adding that this kind of activity doesn't usually happen on her street.
Denicola said she expects it will cost several thousand dollars to have her cars sanded and repainted.

Mark Mascolo of Massapequa shows some of the damage done to his new Jeep Cherokee when it was vandalized on Wed. July 29, 2015. Thirty One vehicles on his block were vandalized. Photo Credit: Newsday / Thomas A. Ferrara

"It takes away your sense of security," she said. "What's their motive? Are they coming back?"

Frank Venezia, 47, had one car scratched down the driver's and passenger's sides and on the front. Another car was scratched down one side, with a chunk dug out.
Police released surveillance images of the suspect early Friday.

http://www.newsday.c...-say-1.10691838

· Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
Cameo Drive. That's Harbor Green? Nice part of town. There's punks everywhere, we're talking keying cars here. I used to live in Harbor Green. Once on New Years a certain big guy just out of High School who I know very well went over his friend's house in Bar Harbor raided his friends dad's beer fridge clean then proceeded to yank all the street signs in the neighborhood out of the ground. Punk.

· Premium Member
5,502 Posts
30 cars owned by 17 people.
Taking that 1 lady that owns 4 of them out of it that's still a lot of cars owned by 17 people.
Doesn't sound like a lot to me......let's see: my daily driver, wife's daily driver, got a couple kids driving age,....here's 4 right there.
I once had 6 cars in the household.....so 30 cars for 17 people doesn't sound unreasonable...LOL

· Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Doesn't sound like a lot to me......let's see: my daily driver, wife's daily driver, got a couple kids driving age,....here's 4 right there.
I once had 6 cars in the household.....so 30 cars for 17 people doesn't sound unreasonable...LOL
It didn't say families or housholds. It said people.
To Me.Your car is yours, your wife's is her, your kids is theirs etc.
I know many people own more than one car ( I do)but usually not all of them are outside on the street I would think.
Of course I'm taking the papers choice of words as truth, which nowadays is silly.

· Banned
5,971 Posts
Don't these idiots know cameras are everywhere. About three years ago in my neighborhood two kids slashed over 200 tires , some of mine included. They had a nice pic of the kid , cops went to the high school and it was game over. Their parents had to pay for all the tires and everyone got a scribbled note of apology from the punks

· Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
Reactions: TERRY P

· Walker1847
12,075 Posts
The stupid idiot better hope the cops pick him up before Carmine, Vito and the other boys find him.

· The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,875 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.