Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to take the family to the beach and do some surf fishing.

can anyone recommend a spot. i live in nassau county something within a hour away. no need to be able to swim there

also what bait would you recommend.
thanks in advance

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
Always fishing on Long Beach, using bunker and clam
Yup, this is true, get down early as parking will be an issue, you will also need to buy a pass/passes for the day. Bayfront Kiosk (Gazebo) located on Magnolia Blvd. for the passes. Stop at Ralphs in Island Park for your bait. Brands Deli 44W Park for your sangwiches. You are better off on the west end beaches, less immigrants and tourists. Park the car drop everything off at on of the entrances then look for a park, get there early and you should find a park.

·
Registered
150 Posts
LbTony just gave you all the details I would of suggested for bait, sandwiches, location in the west end and parking. Think you can buy single day passes at some of the delis and stores along Beech St and Park Ave also

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
If you have the state 4x4 permit, Sore Thumb is a good option. Was out on a party boat this weekend and the fleet was fluking right off the beach there, you may have some success bucktailing. Not sure if there are any bass around now.
fished off their Friday and zero fish caught even went outside the inlet and nothing, ,even the charters were getting skunked..maybe it was just a bad day/night for fishing even thought the weather was beautiful... Cloud Water Sky Daytime Boat

Attachments

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
LbTony just gave you all the details I would of suggested for bait, sandwiches, location in the west end and parking. Think you can buy single day passes at some of the delis and stores along Beech St and Park Ave also
Not sure I think they stopped selling them at the deli's after the hurricane I pick up 4 year rounds every year with a little skill that takes care of about how many people I have over for the day

·
Banned
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, this is true, get down early as parking will be an issue, you will also need to buy a pass/passes for the day. Bayfront Kiosk (Gazebo) located on Magnolia Blvd. for the passes. Stop at Ralphs in Island Park for your bait. Brands Deli 44W Park for your sangwiches. You are better off on the west end beaches, less immigrants and tourists. Park the car drop everything off at on of the entrances then look for a park, get there early and you should find a park.
PERFECT THANKS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.