Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
What is even funnier, Is that I just spent 3 days up in Vermont, and either they are carrying very small guns, Can conceal unbelievably well or I have lost my observational ability because, i saw no one that had any indication that they were carrying. maybe I was in the liberal part of the state lol

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is even funnier, Is that I just spent 3 days up in Vermont, and either they are carrying very small guns, Can conceal unbelievably well or I have lost my observational ability because, i saw no one that had any indication that they were carrying. maybe I was in the liberal part of the state lol
They don't think the same way about guns as we do . There is really no need to carry because there is no crime . The regular folks have guns up the yin yang laying around . When I say regular folks I mean the guys who work for a living close to the land .

·
Anti-Statist
5,336 Posts
I typically open carry when I'm in VT or NH. Only once has someone even noticed. Don't feel bad rubbermittens.

VT has always been on the list, this just adds to the pro column.

Reactions: warmnfuzzyar

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
to my knowledge anyone can carry in Vt. resident , non resident ( no permit in any state needed ). To my knowledge anyone can buy a gun from another private party , resident or non resident . You would of course have to be eligible to own a gun on a federal level . ( basically pass a nics )

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
to my knowledge anyone can carry in Vt. resident , non resident ( no permit in any state needed ). To my knowledge anyone can buy a gun from another private party , resident or non resident . You would of course have to be eligible to own a gun on a federal level . ( basically pass a nics )
This can't be true because everyone would be shooting each other in the streets and the bodies of children would pile so high you couldn't see more than 20 feet. Guns would pop out of their boxes, load themselves, and go on killing sprees.

I don't buy it.

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
Exception is hand guns, have to go through a ffl if you are not a resident of that state

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Exception is hand guns, have to go through do if you are not a resident of that state
I don't believe that is correct , I did a lot of research on Vt. gun laws before I decided to build my residence there . The info should be located in the Vt, Attorney general's page under Vt. gun laws.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
+1 in the win column for VT, but it is still a monsterously high tax welfare state. You have to get out of the northeast if you want to escape the liberal tax/waste policy.
Not really that important if you are retired / not working . There is also a property tax cap based on your declared income. A lot of the small towns don't have much money and are hesitant to raise taxes as people will move out eroding the tax base . There are only 600,000 + people in Vt.

Northern Mass. looks much worse.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.