Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Funny, when I first applied, in Suffolk, the Sportsman license was worded as a “Full Carry”, but with the county level administrative “downgrade” for carry to/from range only, but the below “Sportsman” classification sounds more it was issued as a “Premise” license, with a carry to/from range “upgrade”. Copied from Application Instructions. I’m telling you, they will require a complete re application if we want the upgrade to full carry, saying we originally were issue a premise license (by the county). It says “transported”, not carried ?? WTF ? This is exactly what NYC did.

(1) SPORTSMAN – (Premise/Dwelling, Target and Hunting) – A Sportsman endorsement entitles a licensee to possess a firearm within his/her home for the purpose of home protection, at a designated firing range for the purpose of target shooting, and in the field while actively engaged in lawful hunting. Firearms may only be transported between your residence and an authorized target shooting range and/or a legal hunting area in New York State. For the purpose of hunting, you are reminded that you must also possess a valid New York State hunting license and comply with DEC hunting regulations.
When I first got my license 30 years ago it said f class, concealed carry and had target/hunting stamped on it.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
It's a start, now if only Suffolk would follow.
I would not be concerned with the handbook at this point. The handbook isn’t the law. The ability of the county to apply administrative restrictions based on proper cause was stripped away by the Supreme Court. Restrictions that don’t pass Constitutional muster based on the Supreme Court ruling and strict scrutiny are null and void.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Beside what it says in the handbook and unconstitutional restrictions NYS have 2 type of license per PL400; Conceal Carry and Permise. NYC usually issue a Permise license and you license number start with P all other county applications are Conceal Carry. If your license number start with letter C that mean you have a carry license with administrative restrictions like security guard, business carry, sportsman ( which by the SC all restrictions are null and unconstitutional)

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
I've been wondering how the premise license will hold up. Since the Bruen decision makes it clear that our 2nd Amendment rights included carry outside the home for personal protection what is the basis for limiting a license to dwelling only? Is this some type of volunteer restriction so folks can avoid the training requirement? If there are Constitutional questions as to whether training can be made a requirement for a license what would be the purpose of having a dwelling license classification?

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
another update /-/-/-//- they're still working on it -- but what are they working on nobody knows View attachment 140041
They’re working on how to make it as restrictive as possible without violating the Bruen decision. Off course it’s all about public safety.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
I don't think they are doing anything, until the injunction hits and the anticipated stay appeal is decided on. Why would they waste their time drawing up a handbook when they have no idea what to put in it?

I don't think the SCPD is looking to violate the Bruen decision, I would imagine they want their loved ones to have 2A rights without CCIA nonsense. I think the problem is in Albany, I wish SCPD would muster the courage to uphold the constitution and tell Hochul, No!! Why do they fear Albany rather than SCOTUS and the constitution they are sworn to uphold?

SCPD you can do better than that! Completely disappointed.

If a stay appeal is made to counter the expected injunction, what is the process thereafter?
That may be truth of some of the rank and file officers but the Commissioner is retired NYPD. I think he is anti-2A in addition to the County Executive. Their predecessors instituted the restrictions and they did nothing to change the situation.

Reactions: JAMerolle

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Not sure if them taking down the old handbook to make updates or form a new handbook is a good or bad thing. They could have left the old handbook up while making changes but they chose not to. Your thoughts ?
It had to be revised in light of Bruen.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
if bruen held any weight, we'd not be discussing this.
Bruen holds weight and as a result of it laws are being changed for the better all over the country. Don't judge Bruen by the corruption that exist in NYS.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
holds nothing..
cue in: bon jovi music- "Blaze of glory" emphasis on "shot down" chorus....lol
This isn't a sprint it's a marathon. It's the first inning in a nine inning game. The reason the law was passed in NYS is because the Bruen decision had an impact. You no longer need to show proper cause. This new law is unconstitutional on many levels. One by one they will be struck down.

That said it's a little mind boggling to me, a non-lawyer, how all of this could have transpired to come to the conclusion that the wrong court was hearing the case.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
more like...the beginning of the end. I saw this coming miles away....it was easy to see. You are very optimistic Paul, but i live in reality. Now you see how little the constitution or a supreme court ruling...means nothing to them like i said. And im ready to make my next bets for all the rest of the nine innings....lol. Ya didint need to be a lawyer to crack this one...hehe
They planned it all perfect Paul.....thats what they do....ball is awlays in their court.....you fall prey to how they make you think you have rights....hehe.....
I've been around a long time. I doubt anyone imagined ten years ago we would even be having this battle in NYS. The fact that we are is evidence that progress was made in Bruen. Don't let this one decision, a decision that wasn't rendered based on the facts but a technicality, ruin your outlook. The folks that expended the time and resources to get here aren't going to roll over and play dead.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Imagine if the hacker hacked into the pistol license database and changed all our licenses to "Carry-Self Protection" :LOL::LOL::LOL:
A hacker the follows the Supreme Court ruling? Wonderful...LOL

Reactions: sparks25 and ARP228
1 - 10 of 10 Posts