Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off Roading
Several parks offer outer beach (shoreline) access opportunities to off-road vehicles (ORV's). A Suffolk County Parks Recreational Vehicle Use permit is required.

Permits are available all year long.

Day and night sport fisherman and beach camping enthusiasts may drive the Atlantic Ocean barrier beaches at Smith Point and Shinnecock East. Outer beach camping is permitted at these locations with self-contained campers only. The Gardiners Bay/Northwest Harbor beach at Cedar Point is accessible to ORV's for day access and fishing only. Located on the west side of the Shinnecock Inlet, Charles F. Altenkirch County Park permits limited off-road vehicle access from September 15 - March 15th. No camping permitted at this location. Theodore Roosevelt County Park's three mile stretch of outer beach on Block Island Sound is open to ORV's and self-contained campers as well as for day and night fishing activities. Cupsogue Beach County Park permits recreational vehicles and limited self-contained camping on an access road running parallel to its outer beach. Be advised that areas on the outer beach may be closed due to beach conditions, maintenance or bird nesting. Check the Beach Conditions Update or call the park of your choice to get up-to-date outer beach access information.

In addition, outer beach night fishing is offered at Smith Point, Cupsogue, Shinnecock East, Charles F. Altenkirch, Theodore Roosevelt, Orient Point County Park and at the county parklands along the Shinnecock Canal. To ensure increased fishing opportunities, night fishing permits allow access to the parks when they are normally closed (10pm - 6am.) Only bonafide fisherman will be issued permits. If on the beach at night, all must have fishing equipment and EVERY PERSON must be actively engaged in fishing. This is strictly enforced. Night fishing permits are included with the purchase of an Outer Beach Recreational Vehicle Use Permit.

Suffolk County Park Recreational Vehicle Use permits and/or night fishing permits may be purchased at the parks listed below and at the West Sayille Administration Office. Check with the park of your choice or the Parks Administration Office at (631) 854-4949 for additional information.

*Only one discounted Outer Beach pass can be purchased per discounted green key card. Additional Outer Beach passes must be purchased at the resident rate.*

The Suffolk County Parks which offer outer beach access to ORV's are:

Cedar Point County Park
East Hampton (631) 852-7620

Cupsogue Beach County Park
Westhampton (631) 852-8111

Theodore Roosevelt County Park
Montauk (631) 852-7878

Shinnecock East County Park
Southampton (631) 852-8899 (seasonal),
(631) 852-8290 (off season)

Smith Point County Park
Shirley (631) 852-1313

Please visit here for BEACH CONDITIONS:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.