Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
17,097 Posts
I saw this story and thought, dumb pot head. Then I watched the video and laughed as he is taken away in a Hooters shirt.

Then at 1:29 he is charged with having a WMD for having a sawed of shotgun, really? WMD?

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. -

Marijuana plants as tall as Christmas trees were found growing in a Catawba County man's garden.
A deputy driving past the River Run Circle home spotted the plants from the street.
Narcotics officers said they were working another drug investigation when they drove by the home and saw the illegal plants thriving in a garden.
"It's bigger than a Christmas tree and heavier. I'm going to have to lay it down," Reid said.
Channel 9 could clearly see the garden next to the home where deputies said they were stunned to see the marijuana growing out in the open.
The homeowner, Kelly Hines, didn't want to answer any questions minutes after being charged and learning the North Carolina Department of Revenue planned to tax him $66,000 after weighing the weed.
The garden next to the home did fool some of his neighbors who had no idea the plants that you could see from the roadway in the River Run neighborhood was marijuana.
"I thought they were tomato plants. If I looked from here, I thought tomato plants. That was it. But for the trained eye? You would be able to tell," said neighbor John Fife.
Hines is charged with several felonies, including manufacturing marijuana and possession of a weapon of mass destruction after deputies said they found a sawed-off shotgun in the home.
They said they found close to 20 plants and more pot inside.
"His comments were he's never done anything wrong and this is his property and he should be able to do what he wants with it," Reid said.
Deputies confiscated Hine's pickup truck loaded with his riding lawnmower to help pay some of the taxes for the seized marijuana.
http://www.wsoctv.co...as-trees/nnYRy/

ETA I should have put this in Out of state crimes, sorry.

·
Banned
3,887 Posts

Reactions: 5.56

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
I know those legends well , sadly those people are a dying breed . Times are a changing (and not for the better ) !

·
Banned
17,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know those legends well , sadly those people are a dying breed . Times are a changing (and not for the better ) !
Sometimes the legendary stories don't work out so well.

Like the time a guy that while using a big industrial steam jenny to clean a payloader decided to clean some grease off his sneaker while he was wearing it.

I heard him scream from across the roosevelt yard.

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
Or the guy who tried to catch the Payloader blade that slipped during installation . Good times

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,978 Posts
Sometimes the legendary stories don't work out so well.

Like the time a guy that while using a big industrial steam jenny to clean a payloader decided to clean some grease off his sneaker while he was wearing it.

I heard him scream from across the roosevelt yard.
Yikes! Of course the genius didn't hit it at a very shallow angle....

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,978 Posts

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,978 Posts
I saw this story and thought, dumb pot head. Then I watched the video and laughed as he is taken away in a Hooters shirt.

Then at 1:29 he is charged with having a WMD for having a sawed of shotgun, really? WMD?

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. -

Marijuana plants as tall as Christmas trees were found growing in a Catawba County man's garden.
A deputy driving past the River Run Circle home spotted the plants from the street.
Narcotics officers said they were working another drug investigation when they drove by the home and saw the illegal plants thriving in a garden.
"It's bigger than a Christmas tree and heavier. I'm going to have to lay it down," Reid said.
Channel 9 could clearly see the garden next to the home where deputies said they were stunned to see the marijuana growing out in the open.
The homeowner, Kelly Hines, didn't want to answer any questions minutes after being charged and learning the North Carolina Department of Revenue planned to tax him $66,000 after weighing the weed.
The garden next to the home did fool some of his neighbors who had no idea the plants that you could see from the roadway in the River Run neighborhood was marijuana.
"I thought they were tomato plants. If I looked from here, I thought tomato plants. That was it. But for the trained eye? You would be able to tell," said neighbor John Fife.
Hines is charged with several felonies, including manufacturing marijuana and possession of a weapon of mass destruction after deputies said they found a sawed-off shotgun in the home.
They said they found close to 20 plants and more pot inside.
"His comments were he's never done anything wrong and this is his property and he should be able to do what he wants with it," Reid said.
Deputies confiscated Hine's pickup truck loaded with his riding lawnmower to help pay some of the taxes for the seized marijuana.
http://www.wsoctv.co...as-trees/nnYRy/

ETA I should have put this in Out of state crimes, sorry.
WMD? Really?

Reactions: 5.56 and Aquabach

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
He should have hung plastic tomatoes on them.

·
III%
2,777 Posts
The taxes on the weed is puzzling also.
In SC , if you have Marijuana you must pay tax on it. You can go to your local town hall and have it weighed and they will issue you a tax stamp , just like on cigarettes. However, marijuana and any possession is illegal so you will be promptly arrested if you do this.
Im assuming NC is similar.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
"possession of a weapon of mass destruction after deputies said they found a sawed-off shotgun in the home."

The insanity of our liberal governments have reached epic proportions.
I guess it makes sense since they call an AR-15 a high power assault rifle. It is a rifle though.

There are 3 kinds of weapons of Mass Destruction.
They have the same letters as a liberal media network: NBC

Nuclear Biological & Chemical weapons.
Conventional Artillery is not a WMD.
Tanks are not WMDs
an F-16 is not a WMD
But a shotgun? you betcha.
I guess liberals have to stop saying there were no WMDs in Iraq.
Which they should anyway, but that's another issue.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
So a sawed off is a WMD now?
Yes sir.
It has something to do with gripping things.
Liberals have something about gripping things.
Saw off part of the stock of a shotgun and it's a weapon of mass destruction now.
Put a pistol grip on a small caliper rifle and it's an assault weapon. With or without the thingy that goes up. Speaking of which, that thingy, I think it's called a barrel shroud or something) also makes it an assault weapon. I'm not sure. I'll have to read that moderate college paper. maybe it's explained in there.

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
"possession of a weapon of mass destruction after deputies said they found a sawed-off shotgun in the home."

The insanity of our liberal governments have reached epic proportions.
I guess it makes sense since they call an AR-15 a high power assault rifle. It is a rifle though.

There are 3 kinds of weapons of Mass Destruction.
They have the same letters as a liberal media network: NBC

Nuclear Biological & Chemical weapons.
Conventional Artillery is not a WMD.
Tanks are not WMDs
an F-16 is not a WMD
But a shotgun? you betcha.
I guess liberals have to stop saying there were no WMDs in Iraq.
Which they should anyway, but that's another issue.
A kid with a potato gun on long Island was charge with haven a WMD.

·
AMF YOYO
3,598 Posts
Really?
even forgetting the whole asinine WMD thing, a potato gun is illegal in this liberal sinkhole?
He probably had more than 7 potatoes, a pistol grip, and it wasn't registered with Der Kommisar Andy.

Like this one:

Wood Metal Auto part Automotive exterior Pipe

Attachments

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
WMD? Really?
a single barrel.... and they didn't give a good look at it for length, but it looked like it just may be long enough to be legal... but even if the barrel is 12" long - it's a little ridiculous to even THINK about calling it a "WMD"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.