Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Stupid is, is stupid does

701 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  TheProfessional
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40680258/ns/technology_and_science-security/

Facebook's popularity continues to skyrocket - and not always in ways you might expect. The Washington Post's Marc Fisher says a burglar broke into his home on Friday morning, mainly targeting possessions of Fisher's 15-year-old son. The thief took the teen's laptop, iPod, some saving bonds and cash.

But the alleged burglar didn't stop there - taking his escapade to the Internet. According to the journalist, before the burglar left the house, he took a picture on the laptop's webcam, posing in Fisher's new winter coat and pointing to the cash he was about to steal. Then he posted that picture to the teen's Facebook page, Fisher said.
"I've seen a lot, but this is the most stupid criminal I've ever seen," D.C. police officer Kyle Roe told Fisher.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
AS a friend once said: "If they were smart, we wouldn't catch 'em, at least not as fast"
"But whether this guy is stupid or just plain arrogant doesn't matter much - he still hasn't been caught. Fisher writes that he expected an apprehension to be easy, "a slam-dunk," considering the picture clearly shows the suspect's face. But two officers told Fisher that D.C. police rarely push burglary cases because most courts let people off with just probation . "

:eek:
TheProfessional said:
"But whether this guy is stupid or just plain arrogant doesn't matter much - he still hasn't been caught. Fisher writes that he expected an apprehension to be easy, "a slam-dunk," considering the picture clearly shows the suspect's face. But two officers told Fisher that D.C. police rarely push burglary cases because most courts let people off with just probation . "

I found that line pretty disturbing also. So they accept the fact that the cops just don't bother with burglaries because they won't be prosecuted anyway. Pretty sad the world we live in when all the rules work in favor of criminals. :B
']] said:
- he still hasn't been caught. Fisher writes that he expected an apprehension to be easy, "a slam-dunk," considering the picture clearly shows the suspect's face. But two officers told Fisher that D.C. police rarely push burglary cases because most courts let people off with just probation . "

I guess the guy wasn't that stupid after all. Just arrogant.
glocklife said:
I found that line pretty disturbing also. So they accept the fact that the cops just don't bother with burglaries because they won't be prosecuted anyway. Pretty sad the world we live in when all the rules work in favor of criminals. :B
i consider the fact that this guy could have been shot and killed by the home residents for breaking into their house, and now his lesson to not do it again is a slap on the wrist ?
that'll stop the guy who takes your stuff and then sends you a picture of him doing it :mad:
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.